Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 07:08 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Saw a 34 year old woman whose online dating profile stated, "I only go for cute bald/shaved Hispanic guys from age 33 to 39, so if you don't meet this criteria don't waste your time."

No wonder online dating is a waste of time for guys. Most guys also have their likes/dislikes but they are usually guidelines, not hard and fast rules. I think most men are more flexible and open minded in this regard....

Ok so unless you are hispanic bald/shaved guy WHI is cute she's saying no up front. That's cool. I rather know up front than to be swindled in a dinner, bs small talk inky yo hear you're not my type or hear nothing at all.
I much prefer honesty even if it's not in my favor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 07:13 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,135 times
A few things here.

First, I'm male and I have a very specific criteria in what I'm looking for in a woman, to the point that I exclude women if they are not in a certain line of work, as well as having certain key characteristics that I'm looking for.

So I'm very picky. I can't fault women that are also very picky (which appears to be most of them).

Also, I can grow a beard very easily (generally, if I shave in the morning, I'll have a 5 o'clock shadow by noon or so). But I really hate beards. I hate how they look and feel. If a woman doesn't like me because I don't want to grow a beard, then so be it.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:13 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... you're too kind........

The facial hair is low and clean if that helps... no duck dynasty beards here.....low goatee.... LOL...
It's the abundance of facial hair on Leto that I object to the most. The hair on his head would be fine if he would wear it pulled back smoothly in a pony tail but he wears it like a 10 year old girl. Trim the mustache/beard, pull back the hair, and I'm good.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:57 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,770,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
A few things here.

First, I'm male and I have a very specific criteria in what I'm looking for in a woman, to the point that I exclude women if they are not in a certain line of work, as well as having certain key characteristics that I'm looking for.

So I'm very picky. I can't fault women that are also very picky (which appears to be most of them).
Wow, really? You will only date women if they work in a specific industry? Care to say what business and why?

Reminds me of the Senfield episode when Jerry was dating a cashier and she dumped him b/c she didn't like his act. Most guys could care less what a woman does for a living.

But to each their own.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:48 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,135 times
Quote:
Wow, really? You will only date women if they work in a specific industry? Care to say what business and why?
No offense, but I'd prefer not to. Basically, there's job stability (for the most part), good salary, and it's a field that requires intelligence.

I also disagree with the vast majority of people on this board in that I greatly prefer to date women that I work with. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle themselves at work.

Quote:
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry was dating a cashier and she dumped him b/c she didn't like his act. Most guys could care less what a woman does for a living.

But to each their own.
I'm not most guys. I'm a successful professional with high standards that I also hold myself to. I also tend to get the women that I want (especially these days).

Also, I'm looking for a relationship that will lead to marriage. I'm not just looking to hookup or date around.

And, for the record, I would never date a cashier. It's too mundane of a job that does not require intelligence. It also suggests a lack of ambition. (And, yes, I realize that I am generalizing. This is something that works well for me so I continue to do it)

Old 12-14-2014, 09:32 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,012 times
My family said I am too picky
My list
Chubby
non-black
goes to college
likes a couple things that I like
not a republican
likes black girls
But I had seven dates and one nightstand in four months

Old 12-14-2014, 10:24 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,770,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
No offense, but I'd prefer not to. Basically, there's job stability (for the most part), good salary, and it's a field that requires intelligence.

I also disagree with the vast majority of people on this board in that I greatly prefer to date women that I work with. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle themselves at work.

I'm not most guys. I'm a successful professional with high standards that I also hold myself to. I also tend to get the women that I want (especially these days).

Also, I'm looking for a relationship that will lead to marriage. I'm not just looking to hookup or date around.

And, for the record, I would never date a cashier. It's too mundane of a job that does not require intelligence. It also suggests a lack of ambition. (And, yes, I realize that I am generalizing. This is something that works well for me so I continue to do it)
No worries, totally understood. Thanks for the explanation.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:07 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Saw a 34 year old woman whose online dating profile stated, "I only go for cute bald/shaved Hispanic guys from age 33 to 39, so if you don't meet this criteria don't waste your time."

No wonder online dating is a waste of time for guys. Most guys also have their likes/dislikes but they are usually guidelines, not hard and fast rules. I think most men are more flexible and open minded in this regard....
This chic is just pining over a guy she used to know who had these qualities.

I usually set my range from 30-60, any ethnicity, hair on head preferred.

Hobbies, passions, location, career, financial stability and political beliefs are the main make or break for me.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:09 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,243 times
Quote:

OP, you are just butthurt because she didn't reply to your message? Otherwise why would you give it two seconds of your day?

She's looking for a 30-something shave-headed cholo. In some places like Southern California, that still gives her mathematically at least a million candidates.

Most guys criteria is 'breasts and a heartbeat'.

If you're white, tell her you're from Spain.
If you're black, tell her your Puerto Rican or Afro-Cubano.
If you're asian, not cute, or not willing to shave your head, I guess you're S.O.L. click on next profile.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:43 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times
Quote:

Stay away from online dating. It's a waste of time for most people.

It sucks because of men. The women only act entitled and unrealistic because of all the unwarranted attention they receive from men that are out of their league that are just trying to get laid. After a while, an average looking slightly overweight woman will start to believe that her league is an educated 6ft tall guy with a lean muscular body and a full head of hair. Why wouldn't she, as guys like that target average looking women thinking they're a sure bet.

Last edited by lucky4life; 12-15-2014 at 03:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships