Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 08:04 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes. We agreed at the "What all women think" convention that every women would, from this day forth, set their dating range that narrowly.
I couldn't make it to the convention, had the flu that day. Thanks for the update! I shall go forth with this new knowledge.

Seriously, the OP comes across one woman with specific preferences, so what? I think it must be an ego thing that her type is not the OP, otherwise why would he need to complain about it to others on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 08:12 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
now OP I forgot to drop something with my first comment because your user name took me to my dream lover This few things what I have seen on online profiles from men.

" I am looking for my other half- contact me if you are the one"
"If you are not slim athletic body - you are wasting your internet charges"
"if you have long black hair and if you are tall- contact me"
"if you have kids please dont waste your time"
"I like to to serve from my mouth also I prefer you take mine too if yes write me"

and you complain about a woman ask for a bold head you are so funny OP.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:17 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I couldn't make it to the convention, had the flu that day. Thanks for the update! I shall go forth with this new knowledge.

Seriously, the OP comes across one woman with specific preferences, so what? I think it must be an ego thing that her type is not the OP, otherwise why would he need to complain about it to others on the internet.
For the record I had no physical attraction to this woman at all, although I do like Latina women very much. I am a white, non-Hispanic guy who is open to dating women of any ethnicity. Though I will admit I have not yet gotten into bald women.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Some do, some don't. But really, except for the bald head thing, it's not that narrow. I am assuming she's Hispanic... a lot of people want to date within their own culture and/or race. And the age range is 6 years... how old is she? .
She is 34. Yeah, I hate how tribal people can be. White (non-Hispanic) women are the biggest offenders in this regard. I am a white, non-Hispanic male by the way.

But the point of the thread is she did specify bald/shaved heads in addition to all of the above. It just comes across as very restrictive. Guys are much more simple, some might say barbaric when it comes to picking a mate: If she is hot, moves us physically, then we are game to see if there is something there....

And if a guy has a type (say blondes) he is usually very willing to try something different if she is attractive. I am pretty sure even David Duke would jump at a chance to be with Beyoncé or Hally Berry.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:32 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
She is 34. Yeah, I hate how tribal people can be. White (non-Hispanic) women are the biggest offenders in this regard. I am a white, non-Hispanic male by the way.

But the point of the thread is she did specify bald/shaved heads in addition to all of the above. It just comes across as very restrictive. Guys are much more simple, some might say barbaric when it comes to picking a mate: If she is hot, moves us physically, then we are game to see if there is something there....

And if a guy has a type (say blondes) he is usually very willing to try something different if she is attractive. I am pretty sure even David Duke would jump at a chance to be with Beyoncé or Hally Berry.
So then you're just posting to gender bash? You cannot say with any certainty that guys are more simple, less picky and willing to go outside of their preferred type.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Your user name reminds me a television series. Nice user name OP. Do you know my opinion about those people. Who is looking a man or a woman for real wont put that rules. They will just go to what they want.
The user name "Street Legal" is a reference to a good Bob Dylan album from the 1970's. Sorry to disappoint you. No, I don't think all women think this way or that way....the title of the thread was a question and meant to provoke debate.

But I do think a fair amount of women ONLINE think they are ordering from a menu at restaurant and can have their meal made built-to-suit.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
So then you're just posting to gender bash? You cannot say with any certainty that guys are more simple, less picky and willing to go outside of their preferred type.
No, not gender bashing. If anything I am critiquing online dating....from a guy's perspective.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:36 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
One of my guy friends is pretty picky with the ladies. If she has any signs of excess body fat, a double-chin, etc., he's done with her. One time he dropped a girl because the bathroom "smelled weird" after she peed.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Obviously, her options are limited due to her preference, but she's likely aware of that. Certainly not all women have narrow preferences.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:10 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
The user name "Street Legal" is a reference to a good Bob Dylan album from the 1970's. Sorry to disappoint you. No, I don't think all women think this way or that way....the title of the thread was a question and meant to provoke debate.

But I do think a fair amount of women ONLINE think they are ordering from a menu at restaurant and can have their meal made built-to-suit.
What kind of a debate were you looking to provoke by asking if ALL women set their dating range this narrowly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships