Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 11:57 AM

11,797 posts, read 12,035,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post
I think the OP is bothered by this guy's lack of self-control. She shouldn't have to delete or ignore him. He should be civilized and thoughtful enough to understand that there's no interest on her side and he should stop using her as if she's on a to-do or backup list.
I agree with your assessment, however, what are the alternatives if she doesn't want to delete or ignore? Continue to engage with a guy who can't take a hint, and won't back off when told specifically she's not interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 12:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post
I think the OP is bothered by this guy's lack of self-control. She shouldn't have to delete or ignore him. He should be civilized and thoughtful enough to understand that there's no interest on her side and he should stop using her as if she's on a to-do or backup list.
So? He's contacted her a handful of times over more than a year. She can't control what he does and I don't see how this would be THAT bothersome. A bit perplexing and a tad annoying - but once a year or ever six months isn't that upsetting. I've had guys call me 7 times a day before. That's annoying.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

My point wasn't that guys called me all the time - my point is that this guy isn't showing a lack of self control if he is only reaching out to her once a year or so. My point was that there a guys that DO show a lack of self control - but this shouldn't be a big deal. We are talking about a couple of emails. She doesn't have to reply. She can delete them. This isn't a big deal. Sometimes people need someone to tell them when things aren't a big deal so they don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. This is one of those instances.

I'm not trying to insult the OP or anyone - I'm just trying to point out that this isn't something that she should be getting upset over.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-12-2014 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Old 12-11-2014, 02:18 PM

818 posts, read 917,613 times
OP, I disagree with the people telling you to ignore the guy. IMO , ignoring someone is rude once you have met them. Personally I would prefer you tell me that you are sorry but we just aren't a match and you wish me the best.
If he continues to bother you THEN , ignore, block etc.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:27 PM

103 posts, read 124,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
[Snip.] My point wasn't that guys called me all the time - my point is that this guy isn't showing a lack of self control if he is only reaching out to her once a year or so. My point was that there a guys that DO show a lack of self control - but this shouldn't be a big deal. We are talking about a couple of emails. She doesn't have to reply. She can delete them. This isn't a big deal. Sometimes people need someone to tell them when things aren't a big deal so they don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. This is one of those instances.

I'm not trying to insult the OP or anyone - I'm just trying to point out that this isn't something that she should be getting upset over.
I know what your point is, and it's moot. Just because you think it's NOT a big deal, it doesn't mean that the OP doesn't think it's a big deal. It's her life. It's her brain. We are NOT privy to know the exact interworkings of it. However, it appears that it's bothersome to her, and I was merely explaining the possibility of why. AGAIN, you and the OP are totally different people. Her perspectives does not match yours. Who cares? Why do you insist it's not a big deal when you're you and she's her? You're not helping the situation but trying to scream for attention to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
OP, I disagree with the people telling you to ignore the guy. IMO , ignoring someone is rude once you have met them. Personally I would prefer you tell me that you are sorry but we just aren't a match and you wish me the best.
She did tell him she's not interested. Talking to someone does not constitute interest, however, ignoring someone definitely (silently) SCREAMS out, "I don't care!"

Some people need to get run over by a Mack truck to understand things because they are that dense. Subtlety is an art, and most people suck at it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-12-2014 at 08:05 AM..

Old 12-11-2014, 02:28 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post

How can I politely tell him to stop contacting me completely?
"Please stop contacting me completely"?

Old 12-11-2014, 02:31 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Why not just block him all together...?

Old 12-11-2014, 03:45 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,300 times
Blocking him would do the trick, even though I find that quite cowardly. IMO, the most respectful thing a woman can do is flat out tell me that she's not interested and she doesnt want to see me. Some people, including myself, have some difficulties reading signs. I'm more of a blunt person so I expect someone else to be blunt with me. (i know i shouldnt expect it but that's how i think)

Old 12-11-2014, 04:09 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Just quit responding to his emails. That usually works for me. If he keeps responding, just block his address or send it to spam filter.
Yep, that is exactly what I was going to say.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:25 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
She already told him she doesn't want to talk to him.

She now can be blunt and to the point in one email if she chooses, or she can ignore his crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships