Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 12:56 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree with your assessment, however, what are the alternatives if she doesn't want to delete or ignore? Continue to engage with a guy who can't take a hint, and won't back off when told specifically she's not interested?
Umm, why wouldn't she want to delete or ignore?

She doesn't want to speak to him, but she doesn't want to ignore him?

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

OP, it's clear. You return his text or email: "Please do not contact me further." If he does, you can either do something lawyerly (you ARE a lawyer, I'm sure you know exactly how the rules apply and what crosses a line and what doesn't), or you can, well, delete or ignore. Or both.

I get that the OP "shouldn't" have to be put in this position. But this is real life. People aren't perfect. Yes, some people are socially clueless. Just saying "I wish everyone were as socially knowledgeable as I" isn't going to change a thing here. If the OP is THIS bugged about the situation, then yes, she HAS to do something about it...or else just suffer with it. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 04:53 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,743,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Give the guy a chance!
He lives in Singapore. I live on the other side of the world.

How would this work? Exchanging messages all year around and meet up once a year if that?

This is not feasable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships