Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 02:56 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,432,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
huh?
There was a character in Star Trek played by Woopi Goldberg who once said "If a man really strongly believes he will die tomorrow - he will find a way to make it happen".

I think this is what the user means by self-fulfilling prophecy. If you engage in this pessimistic outlook that you will never find someone again - it is the kind of attitude that will assist in ensuring the prophecy comes true.

I have seen absolutely no reason to think that you can only fall in love once. Quite the opposite. The world is populated heavily by people it has happened to multiple times. Myself included. Not only did I lose the first girl I deeply loved to death when we were only 16 - I am now in a relationship with two girls and we all love each other deeply. I love neither of them "more" or "less" than the other - or "more" or "less" than the girl I lost 20 years ago.

And the world is populated by break ups who then fell in love again - the bereaved who moved on and found others. The hard evidence - in other words - simply does not fit with your view of the situation. There is simply no support for the premise that there is only one love out there for each person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 03:00 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,417,121 times
no, you can truly love multiple people, sometimes at the same time

why did your "one true love" end? obviously it wasnt your choice.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:11 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,019,192 times
Quote:
I really think I've only found true love once and it ended 4 years ago and that ex is long gone with someone else. I've been single for 4 years and have had dates but no new Boyfriends and I don't think I ever will find someone new ever again.
Come on it is just the beginning of the year,, be a bit positive will ya. Is there any point you regret now? If that was your true love then why he left with some one else? This is me I was married way young. Had a married life and now again single. I feel so free and happy. I enjoy my life it is short any way.Enjoy your freedom have fun follow a hobby. Don't be down Disney babe it is much better to be alone than with a man who is not meant to be with you.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:25 AM

15 posts, read 10,432 times
yup....only once and then if again happen...What it is??

Old 01-08-2015, 09:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,638,384 times
Quote:
I really think I've only found true love once and it ended 4 years ago and that ex is long gone with someone else. I've been single for 4 years and have had dates but no new Boyfriends and I don't think I ever will find someone new ever again.
Yeah, I know. There was one guy who I met 7 years ago who very well may have been my one true love, but I didn't get to know him and now he's gone so I'll never know.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,960,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yeah, I know. There was one guy who I met 7 years ago who very well may have been my one true love, but I didn't get to know him and now he's gone so I'll never know.
As much as we try to dismiss the feelings and act like adults..........it still happens , the one that got away will haunt us forever ,right or wrong makes no difference

Old 01-08-2015, 10:27 AM

4,044 posts, read 2,719,471 times
No, it can happen more than once, trust me.

However, if you continue to hold onto that ex and not be OPEN to new possibilities, then it may not happen. Just be positive and stay busy as others have said. Good luck!

Old 01-08-2015, 10:52 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,131 times
Default True Love Only Happens Once?

Only in silly little girls fantasies.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,305 times
Everyone I have ever loved has been true love. Why limit yourself to one?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:00 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,291,844 times
There are way too many eligible singles in this world for there to be "only one"...so people have to leave the house, because no one will just come knock on your door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships