Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 07:34 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,741,460 times

Advertisements

They are only jealous because he drives a Porsche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 07:38 AM

32,679 posts, read 48,185,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
........My bf and I decided to keep our relationship very private. Only family and close friends know about our relationship status. .......
Sad news for you, honey. If a man is keeping a relationship "private" the relationship isn't all that. He doesn't think enough of you to flaunt you in public, and he will be moving on when he finds something better.

Men in serious relationships don't hide their partner.

You know him well enough to be sure he isn't married? Doesn't have a second "hidden" relationship with some one else?

Old 01-12-2015, 08:22 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,600,660 times
Your friends already think something's fishy between you two. People in general can often intuitively perceive that you're seeing that guy...since people in r-ships tend to give off a certain kind of vibe. I see little point in keeping an established relationship private. Someone who's truly happy in their relationship will WANT to openly introduce you or at least talk about you to their friends, family and (perhaps to a lesser degree of openness) colleagues.

You (and him) can easily set boundaries that keep others out of the "none of your business" land while still being open about you two being a couple. Secrecy tends to invite unnecessary drama.

If your non-close friends are being toxic or overly nosy, then consider cutting them out of your life.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:29 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,308,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Sad news for you, honey. If a man is keeping a relationship "private" the relationship isn't all that. He doesn't think enough of you to flaunt you in public, and he will be moving on when he finds something better.

You know him well enough to be sure he isn't married? Doesn't have a second "hidden" relationship with some one else?
Yeah. When you say "family" are you talking about yours or his? Ditto "close friends."

Because if his family and close friends don't know about you, something is up.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,111,224 times
I'm confused you say you havn't told friends yet say friends are jealous of your bf? Which is it?

If people are acting weird its maybe not because they are jealous or don't approve of your relationship but confused by what you two actually are? Just come out and tell your friends you guys are a couple. Sure maybe they will get a little butthurt when you guys want to spend time along and not with them but they'll get over it. if they are unsupportive you have to decide if you want them in your life or not.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:03 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,298,977 times
Treasure your great guy(relationship) is dealing with them. They'll have to deal with it.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:14 PM

290 posts, read 568,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Haha yes he isnt married and hes not hiding me. He introduced me to his family and friends. And each time he introduces me, he always introduce me as his gf.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Haha yes he isnt married and hes not hiding me. He introduced me to his family and friends. And each time he introduces me, he always introduce me as his gf.

So... why are you keeping the fact that you are dating on the DL otherwise?

I mean, I get not letting people deep into your business, but why not just go with "yes, we are a couple."

This seems like it would prevent all the nonsense you're dealing with now.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:33 PM

290 posts, read 568,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yeah. When you say "family" are you talking about yours or his? Ditto "close friends."

Because if his family and close friends don't know about you, something is up.
His family and closed friends know me as his gf. Definitely hes not hiding me.

My bf and I met at work. So we have common friends at work. Friends we hang out with as a group. Later on my bf asked me to hang out just the two of us but we still hang out with a group of people at work. This is when I started feeling uncomfortable and told him I dont think me and him should hang out alone anymore because we work together. He did not agree to it but he respected my decision. The one day, I found out he quit the job where we both work. We did not see each other for a couple months till I saw him at a coworkers party. He invited me for a dinner thats how we started seeing each other again.

Our relationship is hidden from friends we have at work. They have tried to hook up my bf (before he became my bf) to friends they know but my bf did not pursue any of it. Then, some people told me at work that this and that people are jealous of me and have been asking people about my relationship with bf.

Hiding our relationship from them is my choice. Because these people are very nosy and intrusive. I know them for quite a while and I dont want my happy relationship ruin because of them.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
His family and closed friends know me as his gf. Definitely hes not hiding me.

My bf and I met at work. So we have common friends at work. Friends we hang out with as a group. Later on my bf asked me to hang out just the two of us but we still hang out with a group of people at work. This is when I started feeling uncomfortable and told him I dont think me and him should hang out alone anymore because we work together. He did not agree to it but he respected my decision. The one day, I found out he quit the job where we both work. We did not see each other for a couple months till I saw him at a coworkers party. He invited me for a dinner thats how we started seeing each other again.

Our relationship is hidden from friends we have at work. They have tried to hook up my bf (before he became my bf) to friends they know but my bf did not pursue any of it. Then, some people told me at work that this and that people are jealous of me and have been asking people about my relationship with bf.

Hiding our relationship from them is my choice. Because these people are very nosy and intrusive. I know them for quite a while and I dont want my happy relationship ruin because of them.
So, this isn't about friends, it's about coworkers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships