Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 11:41 PM

378 posts, read 441,475 times

Advertisements

I watch Amazon Prime, HBO Go Shows.

I turn TV on for background noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 11:55 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
I watch Amazon Prime, HBO Go Shows.

I turn TV on for background noise.

So do I if I am not

1. Watching Football

2. New DVD

Old 01-18-2015, 01:35 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well like many said, a forum is interactive. Talking to people who have issues, trying to help people, asking questions, giving answers, etc. So there's human interaction to be had there..

Talking about Breaking Bad with your friends, inviting people over to watch the game, having a movie night with your sweetie is all interactive too. You could argue that watching tv can be even more interactive than posting on a forum.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:54 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,110 times
netflix, streaming, youtube, video games, etc are the same as watching tv

they are activities that help you pass the time and hopefully provides some entertainment

somehow saying "i dont have a tv" or "i dont watch tv" makes the person sound more intellectual (to themselves)

somebody said something about fri/sat night... last i checked tvs still worked on those days. is someone a hermit if they dare watch tv on a saturday nite? sunday is ok though? how about mon-thurs? lol

Old 01-18-2015, 04:19 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The thread is not about her It's about several women who feel the need to say it so I can be impressed
They don't know it's a turn off
But that's the whole point. To many, many people it's not a turn-off at all while to many it's an attribute. You're totally convinced that if someone says they don't watch TV they're outright lying and nothing anybody can say will convince you otherwise. Nobody's trying to impress you. Obviously if a woman says that, she's doing her due diligence and weeding out the couch potatoes who have nothing more productive to do than sit in front of a screen.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:26 AM

30,512 posts, read 16,209,926 times
Quote:
Every human on this planet watches something on TV.
well, then I'm either not human or not on the same planet as you.

No tv; no regrets.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Is watching tv really anymore stupid than posting on 'relationship forums' on the internet?
Yes

Old 01-18-2015, 05:11 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,987 times
Quote:
The thread is not about her It's about several women who feel the need to say it so I can be impressed

They don't know it's a turn off.
And maybe they find it a turn off that you're so dependent on TV.

Just as you don't understand people who don't watch much television, and suspect they have "airs" , there are some of us who don't understand people who DO watch a lot of TV.

This is what the social experience has come to in America: leading such isolated, passive, sedentary lives has become so much the norm, that the people who'd rather interact with other people, read, write, cook, work on crafts or hobbies, or engage in more physically active pursuits, are deemed "pretentious snobs."

No wonder the state of relationships is so poor.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Sounds like a great woman to me.

Way to show that YOU are not worthy of her.
Bingo!

Old 01-18-2015, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Obviously if a woman says that, she's doing her due diligence and weeding out the couch potatoes who have nothing more productive to do than sit in front of a screen.
Precisely. And the OP apparently doesn't have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships