Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:39 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
See the problem you guys are having is that you are debating how many times you should meet someone who is a stranger before you have sex with them. I don't like that idea. I would prefer to get to know them as friends, and become close friends, and then have sex with my close friend. And if we continue to do it then we're in a long term relationship.

That way you never have this stuff about "have I gone on enough dates to have sex with this person?". You should already know them if you are spending time for romantic purposes! They shouldn't' be a stranger!I don't see how it can be meaningful if you're sleeping with someone you just met three dates ago and have no platonic history with them at all.

Well that's fine for you. How's it working out? If everyone did what you propose there would be a ton of 30-40 yo virgins. There aren't.

Some of us date cute people. We hang out, get along, we have drive, we're attracted to each other, and we have sex. It works pretty damn well. Most people want to have sex with people they are attracted to because they have a healthy sex drive.

And, note to you, it can be pretty darn meaningful even if you don't know them well. And sex w/o "meaning" can be a really awesome time as well, and it is good sex, and you're a match, it brings you closer together.

The last person I dated for about 8 mos and I had sex before our first date. I met her that night. It still had "meaning" and we had a great time. That was independent of our actually dating afterwards.

Quote:
I think sex should be an expression of love and intimacy between two or more people who love each other and care about other, and I don't see how that is established after having met someone a couple times with no contact in between.
You're really into "should be" statements. Unless you've tried all approaches, it is hard to say what "should be" for you (and it will only be for you).

For me the best sex is with someone I'm sexually compatible with, and we care about each other. Hands down. That doesn't mean sex with someone I'm sexually compatible with and don't know can't be a damn good time. It certainly can. Sex is freaking fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 01:55 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
I think sex should be an expression of love and intimacy between two or more people who love each other and care about other, and I don't see how that is established after having met someone a couple times with no contact in between.

I know that to explain who I am and what my history is and how I feel about things and how I experience life would take a lot more than 2 or 3 dates.
Yeah, ok....two really horny people could care less about that.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
I think sex should be an expression of love and intimacy ......
Where does this ^^^

fall on this list????

Quote:
Here is how I think it should be:
  1. stranger
  2. platonic acquaintance
  3. platonic friends for months or years
  4. FWB
  5. LTR followed by marriage/kids if you want that

I don't see where love and intimacy develops. I know it ain't #4.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:06 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
I'm your first date girl.

(howls of CD protest)

If they are NO GOOD then there wont be a second date.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:09 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
depends

...how hard up are you to have others diddle with you?

Old 02-27-2015, 02:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,302,876 times
So you shouldn't try it on the second date? Serious question.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:41 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,632,742 times
I don't get why so many adults are so uptight about sex. If you want to have sex, go ahead. Live a little.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
When both feel they are ready.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:50 PM

366 posts, read 410,767 times
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't put out until a serious relationship. And I mean like, you're thinking of proposing serious.

Sex makes babies and I will not even risk a pregnancy with someone I can't see a future with.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:53 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
IMO, there should be some physical contact by the 3rd or so date, to make sure the sparks are there. After that, it's really up to the people involved. I think it's not always about the destination and enjoying the journey is part of the fun. Sex will still be there, no need to rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships