Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:04 PM

914 posts, read 769,797 times

Advertisements

Everyone has a different pace Op, go with her flow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 01:14 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,067,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Everyone has a different pace Op, go with her flow.
"Her flow?"

Old 02-27-2015, 01:18 PM

100 posts, read 165,864 times
It really depends on the situation. I'll give a hug on the first date if I really like her and let her know that I'm really interested in seeing her again.

Some girls, its been the first night. Those never lasted.

Others, 2-3 dates. Personally, I try to wait as long as possible to make sure she is the right one.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:19 PM

914 posts, read 769,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
"Her flow?"
Lol

Old 02-27-2015, 01:23 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,369,116 times
Are you in high school? Sex changes things. It is better to get to know someone before hopping into the back of a car or into bed with them right away. If that is all you are after and the woman feels the same way there is no harm done, because she probably thinks no more of you than you do her on an emotional level. However, if you come across to a woman as being interested in her and putting on some kind of "act" just to get to the "act", then you may possibly lead someone on and cause them to think you are genuinely interested in them as a person first, not just a sex object.

Thank you for your posting as a reminder to me of what I do not want in a man.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:23 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,222,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Ive seen this discussed on so many forums. kinda surprised to not see a thread here in the first 3 pages or so.

Not that there is a cold hard fast timeline, and yes some situations are different...byt how long do you wait before you realize it aint gonna happen,a nd either enter friend zone or move on?

For me, it was 3 dates. If the girl wasn't willing to kiss me good night, I took that as an indicator and I was done after first date. But by the 3rd date, if hanky panky wasn't happening I was done.

What about you???

If you had an 18-yo daughter, how many dates would you expect her to go on before she would allow hanky-pankying done to her?

Old 02-27-2015, 01:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,184,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
If you had an 18-yo daughter, how many dates would you expect her to go on before she would allow hanky-pankying done to her?

Done to her?

That's an interesting way to put it.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:27 PM

71 posts, read 82,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
"Her flow?"
Lol her aunt Flow!

Old 02-27-2015, 01:35 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,091,317 times
You see, guys, this thread is EXACTLY why I am not interested in dating.

Everyone in this thread seems to think that the evolution of a relationship should go like this:
  1. complete stranger
  2. some arbitrary number of romantic dates, no contact in between
  3. sex
  4. LTR followed by marriage/kids if they are interested
Here is how I think it should be:
  1. stranger
  2. platonic acquaintance
  3. platonic friends for months or years
  4. FWB
  5. LTR followed by marriage/kids if you want that
See the problem you guys are having is that you are debating how many times you should meet someone who is a stranger before you have sex with them. I don't like that idea. I would prefer to get to know them as friends, and become close friends, and then have sex with my close friend. And if we continue to do it then we're in a long term relationship.

That way you never have this stuff about "have I gone on enough dates to have sex with this person?". You should already know them if you are spending time for romantic purposes! They shouldn't' be a stranger!I don't see how it can be meaningful if you're sleeping with someone you just met three dates ago and have no platonic history with them at all.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:38 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,091,317 times
I think sex should be an expression of love and intimacy between two or more people who love each other and care about other, and I don't see how that is established after having met someone a couple times with no contact in between.

I know that to explain who I am and what my history is and how I feel about things and how I experience life would take a lot more than 2 or 3 dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships