Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:13 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,643,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post
I have a bit of an odd issue that I don't think should be one. My gf and I have been together for 10 months and been living together for 2 months. We got an apt together and I work days (I get home around 9 PM, her around 5 AM) and I have always been a stickler for always keeping door locked, she however sees it as an inconvenience and gets upset that when she gets back she can't just walk in; she has to use her key. Granted not sure if it's the key or the door handle but it is kinda hard to use. You have to fidgit a bit but when she leaves she never locks the door so when I get home I lock it.

Several times now I have woken up to her banging on the door and she'll complain that I locked it. Course I am woken up. She thinks I should just leave it unlocked but I told her it only takes about 30 seconds to use her key but she doesn't think she should. I personally think it's just a safety issue, we don't live in a bad part of town but I think when someone leaves they should always lock the door behind them. When I bring it up she just says something like "you're being paranoid, we live in a safe area". But to me it's the principal, I know if I am not there and she leaves she'll just leave the door unlocked letting anyone just stroll right in.

Thoughts?
there's no way I would leave any door unlocked.You could do that back in 50s 60s but when crime increased people started to lock their doors and close windows.
Change the lock so miss priff doesn't have to have a meltdown. If she can't manage the new lock her problem may be she wants to wear the pants so in that case tell her adios.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 09:16 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,239,439 times
This reminds me of when the Mr. went to visit with a friend last year, who lives in the very rural southern midwest. He caused quite a ruckus by locking the door to the house, because the friend who owns the house didn't even have a key to get back in! He couldn't understand why the Mr. would lock the door, but the Mr. was dumbfounded as to why someone wouldn't lock their door, or would just leave their keys in the ignition.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:30 PM

847 posts, read 767,514 times
she is being an idiot!
Nothing wrong with having a habit of locking a door.

unless she steps out to take out the garbage (I know which lady does that!) and you lock the door for that brief period.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:44 PM

227 posts, read 195,382 times
Wonder how things worked out between OP and Princess Petty? Cause if I were him, the lock wouldn't be the only thing I'd get changed...

Old 07-03-2015, 04:19 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Yeah, I'm curious too as to what the upshot of it all was.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:25 PM

324 posts, read 271,543 times
I'd love to hear the outcome of this.

I do know one thing. If I was stuck in that apartment building as her neighbor the landlord would get an EARFUL from me. My hubby works noon to midnight/2 am.... he's SLEEPING at 5 am. If she's pounding and yelling enough to wake her bf up, what do you think the neighbors hear?

Old 07-05-2015, 01:54 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,901 times
Well, johnnybegood12 posted on June 29, 2015. Somebody go find him and poke him and ask him for an update

Old 07-05-2015, 03:15 PM

170 posts, read 194,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I would get her a key to her own place and get her out of my place but I also would not have moved in with someone I had been dating for 8 months either.

Tend to her key and get it working properly then tell her that she is going to have to lock the doors.

Is she going to be financially responsible when your things get stolen as well as hers?
Is she going to pay for everything to be replaced?
wow, dude, get outta there fast. this is just not safe. my house is bolted down like fort knox both hubs and I are big on safety; I agree with csd610. she's a real idiot (sorry).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships