Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 PM

818 posts, read 919,354 times

Advertisements

They are both equal except for the fact that you can catch a STD with one and not the other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 03:26 AM

769 posts, read 721,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Emotional affairs are worse, imo. It's heart wrenching watching your partner fall out of love with you, and fall in love with someone else; it's a slow and very painful process.

Sex is just sex, and can be done without affection.
Agree completely!!!

Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,476,577 times
There are so many ways to break your vows and betray your spouse but sex always seems to be the worst for some reason. I disagree with that premise.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:34 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,750,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
There are so many ways to break your vows and betray your spouse but sex always seems to be the worst for some reason. I disagree with that premise.
For some reason.....

Old 03-08-2015, 03:47 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,206,126 times
Well both are bad in that I would probably leave a man if I found he did either of them.

But sexual can be worse in 2 ways.

1. STDs. Condoms don't stop everything, and there's still some reckless people who don't even use them at all. And a person should really not have to worry about catching something while sleeping with their SO.

2. Because with just sex, it shows lack of control. If it's someone you had genuine feelings for, it can cause conflict, and sometimes things may even start off as just friendship with an emotional affair. But then more details get shared and the closer they get...yeah. Some may recognize they need to back away at that point. But some won't because they can't chose and thus the secret affair begins.

With just sex however, it seems to show lack of control even for your partner. You couldn't keep your hormones in check enough not to sleep with someone else. It's basically all about their pleasure and what feels good to them. So they would disregard their partner because they're horny and want what they want, not caring how their SO would feel about it. It seems more fleeting and careless with casual sex cheating.

But Emotional can worse in a sense that it could be the one that causes your partner to leave you. Because sometimes with just sex, the person actually does like the partner they have, and may have no issues with the relationship. But 1 is not enough and they want more in terms of sexual diversity. So some could sleep around on their partner for the longest but never have plans to outright leave the relationship. Emotional involvement with another is what could cause your partner to leave you.

And really I could see that as being worse in a sense of having your partner openly leave you for someone they find better. While again, the sexual, even if it breaks your heart, it may be slightly better that they would still be with you had you not found out and possibly left them.

So it depends on one's standards. I can see cases for both on why some would consider one worse. To me, they're equally bad and hurtful. But emotional and dumped over someone else could lead to the jealousy and possible self-doubt.

So the emotional cheating could be more heart-aching and saddening, though a bit of anger. At the rejection which can lead to all those self-doubting emotions. "Are the better looking than me?" "Was I a bad partner?" "Did they never really love me" etc. So, with this one, some may blame themselves, like maybe it was something they didn't do or measure up enough to stay in their So's heart,

The sexual could lead to more anger, then some sadness later. But focuses on the disrespect of your partner which may put anger at the forefront at their behavior. So with this one, you'd be more inclined to blame your partner and feel disrespected.

So I am on the fence with it. They're tied imo.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:50 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
For some reason.....
Yeah.
What's the reason?
Someone help me out.
Because I'd be just as hurt a variety of other ways.
I think it's because most people can't get past the simple idea of property.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:03 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,295,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
For me its the Ick factor.

I don't wish to rub parts with someone whos rubbed parts with some skank.
this is what ive heard from most woman,,,,

its even worse if that skank was a great "friend" of the woman,,,,,she goes from a BFF to a skank in one second..

by far the physical is much more damaging than emotional...

as someone said, the emotional/fantasy part can keep well hidden,,

once you rub parts (as cinder says) this is a game changer

Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,295,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Neither, for me there is no repair after any type of cheating.
any type???

what if your man pictures one of your lady friends, or one of his co-workers naked??
is that cheating??

Old 03-08-2015, 06:38 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,300,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
You can definitely hook up with someone without any romantic feelings at all. Sex has a biological urge component to it.
You want to do it. Still goes from your head to turn it into action, unless you're unconscious.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:52 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,418,353 times
question:

If you have a "work wife" that you are always with, eat lunch with, laugh with and talk about everything with and she has a husband

Is this "cheating"?

and if it is why do so many women who got some dude to marry them carry on a seperate relationship with other guys?

just a question...consider it totally hypothetical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships