Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 07:13 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,546,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
question:

If you have a "work wife" that you are always with, eat lunch with, laugh with and talk about everything with and she has a husband

Is this "cheating"?

and if it is why do so many women who got some dude to marry them carry on a seperate relationship with other guys?

just a question...consider it totally hypothetical
what does being married have to do with having relationships with other men? You can't have friends who are men? The only man you should be around to the ones you're sleeping with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 07:20 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,494,005 times
They're hard to get out of. And I say this as someone who is married that participated in emotional infidelity. It can be very, very, very hard to get out of. I'll never do that sh*t again though, I can tell you that much.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:36 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,423,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
what does being married have to do with having relationships with other men? You can't have friends who are men? The only man you should be around to the ones you're sleeping with?
thanks, so fellas next time the wife starts tripping about your other women tell them they are just "friends" and leave it at that

stan, i guess the mention of the "work wife" example is not an issue because a married woman is the perpitrator

Old 03-08-2015, 08:31 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,366,992 times
I have done quite a bit of reading about emotional cheating and learned that it can be just as devastating as physically cheating on someone.
If you are in a relationship and you are in love with someone who tells you they are "in love with" you although they are giving you mixed signals and have made it clear by their actions/lies that they are interested in one or more other people, than it is extremely confusing and heartbreaking. You want to believe them and hang onto the relationship and this kind of thing can go on and on for years until you realize that your whole relationship was based on lies. My last "serious" relationship my bf told me that he couldn't help staring at attractive women, and whenever he did he couldn't help wonder what it would be like to make love to them; however, he was "in love with" me. I believed him. We are living together as roommates now until I am financially able to get out on my own. Last week, after I came back after having coffee with a girlfriend for a couple of hours, I found a bra strap (one of those detachable ones that goes to a strapless bra) on the bathroom floor. It doesn't belong to me. He said it doesn't belong to him. He still claims to be "in love with" me.
LOL!
Been there, done that.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:39 PM

2,776 posts, read 4,001,199 times
The whole premise is bizarre. A romantic relationship without sex... what the hell is that? If a man and woman like each other and have a romantic relationship, it will lead to sex given opportunity/time.

If you are in a relationship with someone don't you think you ought to have an understanding of what you each expect/want and what you would disapprove of? Be upfront and truthful when things get serious to avoid potential issues. If the other person violates your trust then a decision needs to be made on whether or not (and how) to move forward.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:00 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,292,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
I remember a poll posted here where the question was: which is worse, having a romantic relationship without sex with someone else, or having a sexual relationship with someone else without romantic feelings? I think the almost unanimous answer was that the latter was worse.

Why do you think sexual cheating is worse?
At the very, absolute least, you don't knock someone up or get an STD from mentally cheating. Your partner in mental cheating doesn't key your car or call you at 2 a.m. threatening to tell all. The person with whom you mentally cheat doesn't have a seriously ticked-off spouse who wants words with you either.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:03 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,781,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
At the very, absolute least, you don't knock someone up or get an STD from mentally cheating. Your partner in mental cheating doesn't key your car or call you at 2 a.m. threatening to tell all. The person with whom you mentally cheat doesn't have a seriously ticked-off spouse who wants words with you either.
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

I am a married female, and I would be ticked-off if my husband had an emotional affair with another female.

I would be ticked-off with both of them.

I would want words with both of them.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:01 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,546,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
thanks, so fellas next time the wife starts tripping about your other women tell them they are just "friends" and leave it at that

stan, i guess the mention of the "work wife" example is not an issue because a married woman is the perpitrator
Yeah.
you would have to be seriously mental to have a problem with your husband having friends who are women.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:35 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,379,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

once you rub parts (as cinder says) this is a game changer
and the sparks flew.... Both, sexual AND emotional cheating are equally wrong.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:59 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,494,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
The whole premise is bizarre. A romantic relationship without sex... what the hell is that? If a man and woman like each other and have a romantic relationship, it will lead to sex given opportunity/time.

If you are in a relationship with someone don't you think you ought to have an understanding of what you each expect/want and what you would disapprove of? Be upfront and truthful when things get serious to avoid potential issues. If the other person violates your trust then a decision needs to be made on whether or not (and how) to move forward.
People who get into an emotional affair feel like sex is "messy". But relationships are messy, uncontrollable affairs. The emotional relationship is appealing initially because it gives an illusion of control. But in the end you just can't stop whatever feelings you've developed for the other party, and that's often worse than the consequences of sex.

Last edited by goofy328; 03-08-2015 at 07:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships