Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 07:04 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,990,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
question:

If you have a "work wife" that you are always with, eat lunch with, laugh with and talk about everything with and she has a husband

Is this "cheating"?

and if it is why do so many women who got some dude to marry them carry on a seperate relationship with other guys?

just a question...consider it totally hypothetical
Yes... this phrase "work wife" or the other one "work husband" are terms I find offensive to common sense. If the phrase is used, it means to me that the relationship is beyond basic professional amicability. It is not ok for these types of relationships to exist when married or in a committed relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 07:22 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,773,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
Yes... this phrase "work wife" or the other one "work husband" are terms I find offensive to common sense. If the phrase is used, it means to me that the relationship is beyond basic professional amicability. It is not ok for these types of relationships to exist when married or in a committed relationship.
^^^^ I agree.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:24 PM

513 posts, read 429,957 times
Cheating is horrible regardless.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:18 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
I remember a poll posted here where the question was: which is worse, having a romantic relationship without sex with someone else, or having a sexual relationship with someone else without romantic feelings? I think the almost unanimous answer was that the latter was worse.

Why do you think sexual cheating is worse?
Because 99.9% of the world's population cheats mentally...the other .1% are liars. Nothing wrong with having some impure thoughts of someone else. Just because you get married or in a committed relationship doesn't mean you stop finding others attractive and taking a few mental liberties from time to time.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:25 AM

28,969 posts, read 30,320,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I have done quite a bit of reading about emotional cheating and learned that it can be just as devastating as physically cheating on someone.
If you are in a relationship and you are in love with someone who tells you they are "in love with" you although they are giving you mixed signals and have made it clear by their actions/lies that they are interested in one or more other people, than it is extremely confusing and heartbreaking. You want to believe them and hang onto the relationship and this kind of thing can go on and on for years until you realize that your whole relationship was based on lies. My last "serious" relationship my bf told me that he couldn't help staring at attractive women, and whenever he did he couldn't help wonder what it would be like to make love to them; however, he was "in love with" me. I believed him. We are living together as roommates now until I am financially able to get out on my own. Last week, after I came back after having coffee with a girlfriend for a couple of hours, I found a bra strap (one of those detachable ones that goes to a strapless bra) on the bathroom floor. It doesn't belong to me. He said it doesn't belong to him. He still claims to be "in love with" me.
LOL!
Been there, done that.
I'm so sorry this has happened to you, and hope your doing ok....no, he doesn't love you nor does he know what love is, especially after admitting to you that when he stares at a beautiful woman, he can't help but wonder what it's like to make love to her....Big Flag.....

same thing happened to me, but I asked for it....he started dating me, and never told me he was married....when he did, I threw him out, but he came back to me, and said he had left her and he loved me....I was hungry, wanted to love and be loved....so we married....he did the very same thing to me that he did to his wife....the sad part is, he finds really nice girls...he married the one he cheated on me with.

The worst part of this whole thing was, I didn't want to believe I failed, or I should say, chose another loser. So I was in denial, while he ran around telling all my friends and family there was something wrong with me.

It's a very long and heartbreaking story.....however, I cannot tell you how happy I am that he is out of my life, and can't help but feel very sorry for his now wife, although they've been together longer then he and I were....so? Who knows, maybe he got help, b/c this is a sickness....

Whatever you do, be very careful you don't chose another like him....these kind of men are very dangerous....mentally and physically.

I want to tell you, its been 20 years....and I lived in the Poconos and have not been able to go back there....it was so painful...and have not married, b/c I never ever want to bear that kind of pain again....I lost my house to boot over it, b/c I left...it was a lovely little place on a lake....

His sister warned me, she said, I love my brother but get out of there before he drives you crazy, b/c he's got a lot of problems...a good friend of his told me the same thing....

These kind of men/women can do a serious number on your head...he was so superior at lying....and deceipt....and he had been running around on me from the very beginning.....his now wife, is probably so much in love with him, she doesn't even realize....

He got this behavior from his father and uncle, as his father was in the war overseas, and his mother put pictures of him and other women in a scrap book for him which he sent home.

His uncle ran around and told him, "you take care of your wife, she is a good woman, give her everything she wants, and never, ever admit to running around."

They can really do a number on your head, so be very careful.

I don't care who you are, cheating is the most god awful thing you can do to anyone and yourself, b/c it's not just about you, it's about all the people who are hurt by the cheating....parents, kids, spouse, friends, b/c you put them in the position of choosing sides, which is exactly what my ex-husband did.....he wanted to hunt and fish with these people....he told me once, when someone leaves their spouse, that makes the one left behind look awful....I left him, so I believe he had to convince everyone he wasn't a bad person, but to go to my cousin, my mother, my son, everyone, was the absolute lowest form of life anyone can be....

Footnote: For anyone thinking I'm bashing men, I know that there are a lot of women out there like this to....however, I wasn't married to one.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-09-2015 at 12:06 PM..

Old 03-09-2015, 11:58 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times
Quote:
question:

If you have a "work wife" that you are always with, eat lunch with, laugh with and talk about everything with and she has a husband

Is this "cheating"?

and if it is why do so many women who got some dude to marry them carry on a seperate relationship with other guys?

It is implying your relationship is on equal footing as your spouse. It's not "work friend" or a "work acquaintance" You're essentially saying its a replacement for your spouse during the hours you happen to spend outside of your home life.

It is the implication I'm using that phrase while married that makes it (quite frankly) disrespectful to your spouse.

There is nothing wrong with spending time at work with your coworkers or making friends with them...but calling someone your wife or husband while already married is a whole different level.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,740,842 times
The worst cheating is when you are overcome by guilt. If you can't cheat guilt-free, don't do it.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Quote:
question:

Is this "cheating"?

I think it can be cheating. For instance, if she is confiding in him while withholding that from her husband, talking about their marital problems, and allowing the friend to come between them and replace the husband in her esteem. I consider that to be treacherous.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:01 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,296,017 times
Sexual cheating crosses a boundary within a relationship, one that you have committed a physical act which by virtue of your relationship you vowed not to. Once the act is committed, you cannot take it back.

Emotional whatever may be in the gray area, but what have you committed that cannot be fixed if possible? Emotional connections can be fleeting, false. You can walk away. There are so many reasons one can become distant in a relationship, but that is not to say you can find your way back, even if somehow you feel for someone else. If that feeling turns into a sexual one, then right back to sexual being worse.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:08 AM

28,969 posts, read 30,320,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
The worst cheating is when you are overcome by guilt. If you can't cheat guilt-free, don't do it.
what human could cheat and "not" feel guilty?

Of course, those as my ex might be one, b/c it didn't seem to bother him...he cheated on his first wife, on me, and he is probably cheating on his 3rd wife.....so yeah, I guess some men are born to be cheaters....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships