Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 05:35 PM

12,794 posts, read 15,059,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Folks, this is a zombie thread from over 6 years ago, resurrected to promote someone's website. Look at the dates!

Ha! Yep, I never want to post to these old threads, but sometimes, I mistakenly do! At least I'm never really the 1st poster to revive threads like this again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 07:02 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,291,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Ha! Yep, I never want to post to these old threads, but sometimes, I mistakenly do! At least I'm never really the 1st poster to revive threads like this again.
I have requested numerous times that the main forum show the date of the original post next to the OP name in addition to the date of the latest post.

That would avoid zombie threads being resurrected.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:28 PM

6,915 posts, read 4,928,252 times
I think they should just remove the old threads from the board. Give them a year max and delete.

I wonder how things worked out for the OP.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:55 PM

14,275 posts, read 14,812,421 times
Many years back, my first wife and I separated (two children). Some 6 months later I met a lovely single Mom (three year old daughter) and we fell madly in love. 6 months later my wife said she missed me and she would like to get back together for our sake and the sake of our two children. I broke up with my girl friend saying I felt an obligation to my children.

Wash and repeat. Some 6 months later wife and I separated again. I called my old girl friend and we got back together.

Wash and repeat. The wife called again. Same story. I did the same thing. Broke up with the girl friend, went back to the wife.

Wash and repeat. Some 6 months later, wife and I separated again. I called my old girl friend but she said not again, bye. I was hurt and lonely but in the long run it worked out as I realized I did not want a family as in children and with the girl friend it would have been more kids.

I went on to have a very happy 35 year marriage to a professional women (she died of lung cancer). We lived a great life with one reason being, we had no children.

I found out later the old girlfriend remarried and had two more children.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,487,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Many years back, my first wife and I separated (two children). Some 6 months later I met a lovely single Mom (three year old daughter) and we fell madly in love. 6 months later my wife said she missed me and she would like to get back together for our sake and the sake of our two children. I broke up with my girl friend saying I felt an obligation to my children.

Wash and repeat. Some 6 months later wife and I separated again. I called my old girl friend and we got back together.

Wash and repeat. The wife called again. Same story. I did the same thing. Broke up with the girl friend, went back to the wife.

Wash and repeat. Some 6 months later, wife and I separated again. I called my old girl friend but she said not again, bye. I was hurt and lonely but in the long run it worked out as I realized I did not want a family as in children and with the girl friend it would have been more kids.

I went on to have a very happy 35 year marriage to a professional women (she died of lung cancer). We lived a great life with one reason being, we had no children.

I found out later the old girlfriend remarried and had two more children.
So how did that work out for your two children?

Old 09-05-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
So how did that work out for your two children?
After years of my wife keeping them from me, they got older and realized I was not the bad guy and we began to have a good relationship.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:26 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,487,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
After years of my wife keeping them from me, they got older and realized I was not the bad guy and we began to have a good relationship.
Fascinating.

How exactly did your wife "keep you" from your own children?

And why bother mentioning that, when you stated earlier that you "did not want a family as in children?" FWIW, I'm glad your kids don't hold it against you that they are unwanted by you.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:32 AM

760 posts, read 423,247 times
Boyfriend? You are the guy that woman is cheating on her husband with. You are no boyfriend. She's probably sleeping with other dudes too, or do you think you are special? Maybe work on getting some self-esteem and self-pride, and go meet women who are actually not married or in a romantic relationship.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Fascinating.

And why bother mentioning that, when you stated earlier that you "did not want a family as in children?" FWIW, I'm glad your kids don't hold it against you that they are unwanted by you.
My daughter once asked me why my wife and I did not have any children. I told her we decided to live a life without children. She then asked if I sorry I had her and her brother with my first wife? I said no I was not. I was very happy when you were born. She pushed and asked would you do it again? I replied as one age, their values and desires change. What was right for me at 25 is not what I wanted when I remarried at 35. She pushed more. I politely told her we were thru discussing this. Our relationship cooled some after this conversation but I always considered that her problem, not mine.

Last edited by johngolf; 09-06-2021 at 01:18 PM..

Old 09-06-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Fascinating.

How? I would show up at an appointed time, say Xmas Day with gifts. They would not be home. Her Mother and Father would be there saying she was busy with family and did not have time for me. I would say I am waiting here for her. They would call the Police. The Police would me to be nice and leave. After a few go arounds like this you say the hell with it. I also had a job that required me to travel so going to court for a regular visiting schedule was out of the question. As alimony and child support was costing me over 1/2 my take home pay, I was happy to be on the road on the company dollar so yes you could say I was not around much. I use to send the kids post cards and/or gifts from some of the places I went. I learned they never got them. I know she was also saying well he does not care about and want to see kis kids.

I finally won (if you want to call it that) once my kids were 9 or 10 and demanded to see me. I believe my ex-wife started to realize some of her problems and got help which got her on the psychotic drugs she needed (a whole other story) and she mellowed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships