Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 01:49 PM

1,923 posts, read 1,288,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I don't know why everyone is telling you not to. It's just an email. It's not like you're showing up at her house.
+1 yea everyone is acting like im going to spontaneously combust if I email her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 01:55 PM

1,923 posts, read 1,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No, if you were female I personally would be asking you why you still had the email address in contacts.
No it was auto-fill. Its not saved in my contacts. I was emailing someone else and it popped up.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:09 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
+1 yea everyone is acting like im going to spontaneously combust if I email her.
Nobody is acting that way at all

Saying "hi" isn't a reason to go out of your way to communicate with someone, it's an opener to further contact and communication.

If you want to still talk to your ex and poke her for how open she is to further contact, go for it.
But don't act like all you want for it is to say hello, You know exactly what you are doing.

Be real

Perosnally i don't think its a great idea. She clearly has never cared enough to find you again, but you are going to do what you wish knowing you can still find her now until your curiousltiy is quenched

Last edited by rego00123; 03-10-2015 at 02:18 PM..

Old 03-10-2015, 02:13 PM

545 posts, read 633,220 times
I think you should do it because quite frankly you can do whatever you want. Are you expecting a certain kind of response? Should be perfectly fine especially if you don't bring up your pasts and just act like strangers who happen to know each other.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:15 PM

914 posts, read 767,097 times
Quote:
So the other day I was sending someone an email, and the auto-fill system brought up my ex's email. Whoa! That was from a few years ago. I dunno if she still has that email. So I started thinking, maybe I should just send her an email just to say hi, and wish her good luck. NOT to try to rekindle anything! Just to say hi. She most likely has a BF/hubby/kid anyway We didn't part on great terms so I feel like if I send the email, it would also help me release any negativity ive had over the years against her/relationship.... This is all assuming she still has that email. I think it would be cool. What would you guys do?
You don't know this. Say "hi", I mean don't stalk the woman, but sending one email isn't going to hurt as much as not knowing what she would have said. Send it and be done, if she replies then great! if not, then great!

Old 03-10-2015, 04:17 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,302,265 times
Why not just tell her what you told us about how her old email address popped up and then tell her it made you wonder how she's been doing, so you thought you'd say hello?

I mean, why not? As long as you feel you two don't have any unresolved issues, it should be fine.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:21 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,014,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I wouldn't put so much thought into sending a friendly email. What an odd thing to over think.
Quote:
+1 but I'm more so asking if anyone has ever done that. I'm talking about a few years later. I don't want to seem creepy.
i agree with timber

Old 03-10-2015, 05:09 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,216,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I don't know why everyone is telling you not to. It's just an email. It's not like you're showing up at her house.
I don't get it, either.

If I heard from my ex-hub or other exes my reaction would be anything from "Hey! How's it going?" to wondering if someone died to thinking, "meh, I'll just ignore that."

Old 03-10-2015, 05:24 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,599,354 times
Quote:
So the other day I was sending someone an email, and the auto-fill system brought up my ex's email. Whoa! That was from a few years ago. I dunno if she still has that email. So I started thinking, maybe I should just send her an email just to say hi, and wish her good luck. NOT to try to rekindle anything! Just to say hi. She most likely has a BF/hubby/kid anyway We didn't part on great terms so I feel like if I send the email, it would also help me release any negativity ive had over the years against her/relationship.... This is all assuming she still has that email. I think it would be cool. What would you guys do?

Lol, she's gonna think you just got your fishing license and you're trolling.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:14 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,158,969 times
Quote:
I hear what you're saying. I do. But, you are a female. Its easier for women to write off exes as if they never existed. Why? Because its easier for them to move on. Why? Because they don't have to really try to get someone else.
This is so patently untrue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships