Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 09:14 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,563,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
You're not married, and you've yet to even live with each other. You need to be patient and make sure the relationship can handle children. Getting married is NOTHING compared to having children, and you're not even married. Nothing any of us can do or say will prepare you for the life changing event that is having a child. Your relationship with this man is no where near prepared for that. Don't let your age influence your decision. It would be a huge mistake.
Marrying is not even an issue. People dont get married in my culture, i think is a US thing. I dont care about being married. All the couples my age i kbow arent even thinking about getting married, while 95 percent of those couples either had a kid, are pregnant, or are starting to try get pregnant know.

Marriage isnt a thing anymore for people born in the 80s and 90s,its seen as outdated.

Kids, on theother hand... we want them and the clock is ticking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 09:16 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,295,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
You're not married, and you've yet to even live with each other. You need to be patient and make sure the relationship can handle children. Getting married is NOTHING compared to having children, and you're not even married. Nothing any of us can do or say will prepare you for the life changing event that is having a child. Your relationship with this man is no where near prepared for that. Don't let your age influence your decision. It would be a huge mistake.
Eh, OP is from Argentina. Different culture, different rules.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:18 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,016,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Yeah, but we talk kids all the time. "Our kids this, our kids that"they are in the future conversations all the time.
We just didnt set an exact date yet, i wanna drop the bomb to him that it might be sooner than he expects, lol
I guess I just don't see the timing as that much of a "bomb." It's not a decision you can make all on your own, anyway. He has to agree since pregnancy requires two people. I just don't see why having a discussion about the timing is a big deal.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,261 posts, read 4,372,098 times
Quote:
Marrying is not even an issue. People dont get married in my culture, i think is a US thing. I dont care about being married. All the couples my age i kbow arent even thinking about getting married, while 95 percent of those couples either had a kid, are pregnant, or are starting to try get pregnant know.

Marriage isnt a thing anymore for people born in the 80s and 90s,its seen as outdated.

Kids, on theother hand... we want them and the clock is ticking...
OK, whatever on the marriage, but you don't even live together and are "planning" to live together in the last half of the year. You can't even commit to a date to move in together, so talking children at this point is beyond ludicrous. You have no idea how truly compatible you are with this man at this point. Ten months is nothing. Seriously, good luck to you, because you will need it. Even though you are older, I'm concerned that your maturity level is much too low for a child.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:22 AM

102,352 posts, read 108,621,782 times
I think it's a good thing he doesn't want to have kids right away. You've only known him 10 months. Wait until you've lived with him for a year, to get to know him even more intimately. If things continue to go smoothly, then you can think about having kids. And for most women, getting pregnant in the mid- to late-30's is all too effortless. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I guess I just don't see the timing as that much of a "bomb." It's not a decision you can make all on your own, anyway. He has to agree since pregnancy requires two people. I just don't see why having a discussion about the timing is a big deal.
Well, its probably not a big deal but wanted to read experiences about people who have experienced or are experiecing a similar issue, or know something who has.

I know this isnt a thrilling thread like "my husband is cheating on me" or so, i just been readind cd a lot lately and wanted to ask the cd crowd what they think of this thoughts about having kids.

Im a new antie 😄, well, my beautiful gorgeous nephew is now 1 year old and i think since bonding with her, my maternal instincts have escalated quickly

Old 03-10-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think it's a good thing he doesn't want to have kids right away. You've only known him 10 months. Wait until you've lived with him for a year, to get to know him even more intimately. If things continue to go smoothly, then you can think about having kids. And for most women, getting pregnant in the mid- to late-30's is all too effortless. I wouldn't worry if I were you.
Ok, this is wise.
Is true we havent been together that long, but things are going so well...i ve been in 2 ltr befoe this: one of 7 years, one of 5 years, no relationship didnt even came close to this one in compatibility, this one just was perfect since the beggining.

But you are right i might be pushing it a bit. I might have baby fever due to my baby nephew and all my friends getting pregnant.

Thanks ruth

Old 03-10-2015, 09:34 AM

I tend to think that,at this age, if a relationship doesnt advance, it dies.

Anyone else feels that? Im done having 7 year relationships without changing anything.

I think thats called getting older, lol

Old 03-10-2015, 09:35 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,016,236 times
Quote:
Well, its probably not a big deal but wanted to read experiences about people who have experienced or are experiecing a similar issue, or know something who has.

I know this isnt a thrilling thread like "my husband is cheating on me" or so, i just been readind cd a lot lately and wanted to ask the cd crowd what they think of this thoughts about having kids.

Im a new antie 😄, well, my beautiful gorgeous nephew is now 1 year old and i think since bonding with her, my maternal instincts have escalated quickly
Yeah, don't make a big deal about it, just have the conversation. It isn't a big deal at all, in my opinion. As I've said, my husband and I have revised our timing a bunch of times.

I get it about your nephew. I have a one year old nephew as well and seeing that my sister's life hasn't fallen apart has finally given me enough peace of mind to move forward with having kids.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Yeah, don't make a big deal about it, just have the conversation. It isn't a big deal at all, in my opinion. As I've said, my husband and I have revised our timing a bunch of times.

I get it about your nephew. I have a one year old nephew as well and seeing that my sister's life hasn't fallen apart has finally given me enough peace of mind to move forward with having kids.
Arent 1 year old nephews the most adorable thing?😄
Are you also in your 30s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships