Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:15 PM

432 posts, read 362,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
The definition of "womanizer" varies a lot, but all women hate "womanizers" nevertheless they tend to create those.

For what I've told a womanizer is a man who "uses" women, promises everything to them and when things begins to get serious, he pulls off.

Basically a "womanizer" is a guy who just sleeps around and never gets in a committed relationship. He pretends he wants one, but when the moment of truth arrives, he never gets into one. The woman thinks she is the one...but no...the womanizer just went away.

But the fault is on the woman mostly because she is also trying to get him into a relationship, she is with him because he has a nice car, a nice apartment, so she says to herself "I have quite a catch here". But the "womanizer" knows these things as well so he uses that to his advantage. However there will be a time when the womanizer gets screwed as well...what goes around comes around.

So what's your take on the matter ladies?
A little extreme?

Maybe this "womanizer" recognizes that she isn't a catch but she KNOWS that he is and he KNOWS that he is a catch as well.

Maybe she just isn't worth his time. There is a lot of bad apples in both baskets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 10:16 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I am not sure if a woman would really have to fool a man or something to get sex, she can easily get it. Maybe for revenge or the attention. As for a woman being a goldigger, it can be relative. A woman may simply be looking for a provider, a “real man”, the future of her children, a generous man, etc. therefore the term goldigger might not apply?
Consider a married man...faithful to his wife.

Sometimes is just about power, like the secretary who wants to have sex with her married boss.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
A womanizer is a guy who use deceit and manipulation for the sole purpose of getting in a woman's pants. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:42 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
some one who dates a lot of women
some one who doesn't marry and hand over their male genitalia in a velvet lined box for storage to the first women they bed,
some one who doesn't instantly recognize their awesomeness and bow down before it in complete and utter subjugation

a womanizer doesn't always "use" women...doesn't have to be a sponge...
A womanizer can make more money, wine and dine their prey, buy them stuff...women still hate them because in the end, the don't stick around

Old 04-25-2015, 02:01 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
A womanizer can be a married man who pretends to be trapped in a marriage to manipulate women. He is always unable to get out for some reason or other and preys on women and their sympathy for his plight. There are a lot of that type of womanizer out there.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:31 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I feel I have to defend men a bit here....womanizers do not, in my experience, always lie and promise whatever. In my experience, there are often mixed messages, but to be truthful every womanizer who hurt me DID tell me directly or indirectly he wasn't relationship material, and I always plunged ahead, thinking I could "fix" him and he'd fall in love with me....it is highly unusual IMO for a woman to not have any idea of a man's character before she sleeps with him.

Example from my last "womanizer"...told me "I'm not good at relationships" , "I'm not looking for a relationship" on the FIRST day I met him....I sleep with him anyway. Afterward, guy surprises me by seeming infatuated, calls me 10x, wants me to skype when he can't see me....so I assume (very important word!) he is developing feelings for me, that he might want a relationship with me, just hang in there....in the end, 3 year roller coaster, but NOT his fault, he did tell me his M.O. I just didn't listen.
Yes, there is a thread on CD about this very situation. The guy says...I don't want a relationship. She just doesn't want to believe it.

Your guy absolved himself of any guilt...well I told her I wasn't looking for a relationship. Then he gets to have the intimacy of a relationship without the commitment. ( not just sex, but emotional intimacy too. )

A player is easier to see. They just want a one night stand.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:08 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
To me, a womanizer is a user. They use women for their own benefit. Then once they're bored, or got what they wanted, they leave and don't care. Doesn't have to be malice. But indifference is just as bad.

A player is one who will openly lie and deceive. A womanizer is a user as well, but doesn't always have to be a player. A guy may only want sex, but is honest he only wants sex. So that woman is good for his desires, but he's honest that's all he wants her for. The women is good for his own gain and he has no concern for her outside of that.

If he's honest about not wanting anything serious, or doesn't make promises and declarations that he knows won't be kept, or that aren't true he's not a player. he's lied to nobody.

So if a particular woman isn't ok with casual or open, after a guy has made clear that's what he's about, then she needs to pull back once that's been made clear. If she chooses to continue then gets hurt, jealous, or mad later on, it'd be all on her. Now if the guy is a skilled player, and he lied to her, it's all on him.
A pretty good description of what I was on the receiving end of when dating. Now, in your last paragraph, "making it clear what he's about"... or "once that's been made clear", no. I think there commonly exists "deception" about what goes on; that without being upfront and stringing one along by actions and words, the assumption the deceptive party can hide behind, when confronted, is that "both parties knew what was going on". It's too bad if this is a still a continuing mode today and that women have to experience this.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:23 AM

106 posts, read 151,225 times
this is why guys should always be honest with women about their intent, otherwise too much drama is created that is unwanted.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Are you kidding?

You're claiming that women create womanizers?
Apparently

Old 04-26-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
When I think of the word womanizer I think of a guy who has zero interest in anything serious and just goes around from one woman to the next sleeping with her (while usually pretending that he wants more and lying to her), breaking hearts etc.

I've encountered plenty. And I can't exactly hate them for not wanting anything serious. That's their own business. What I do have a problem with, however, is lying to women about it.
I agree with you. I do not agree with the descriptions the OP is stating.

In my experience, they were nice looking, not older, not wealthy, but had jobs, dressed nicely. Seemingly good personalities. There were nice dates, plans, involvements, relationships. It's just that, there will exist some sort of deception, making it appear there is more happening than there is, that ultimately is not. Why can't some just learn to be honest and stop taking advantage? Apparently, this is commonplace. What I am gathering in discussions here, is that later generations of females get to experience this, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships