Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 07:27 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,092,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm sure, there's quite a number of hot women who are lonely; I find they're typically the looney ones no man wants to seriously get involved with. If a woman is very attractive and has an equally attractive attitude, she shouldn't have a problem being lonely, unless by choice.,
LOL - where is that "hotness" vs. "craziness" operating map someone posted up awhile back? With high hotness and low craziness labeled "unicorns"?

Possibly the attractive but lonely gals are the crazy ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 PM

90 posts, read 89,241 times
There are plenty of hot and attractive women who are lonely. Just because some of them are bombarded with attention, it doesn't mean that they are actually emotionally alone.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:58 PM

479 posts, read 432,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
I think there may be some truth in this theory... although, personally, I don't "hope for guys to talk to" me; I'll talk to them if I so desire. I'm still lonely as hell, at times, nor am I taken, nor am I nuts (and, at the risk of coming of boastful, I have had a few men describe me as "hot" before).

Old 04-17-2015, 08:16 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Here is my take on this situation. From my experience and observation I do get nervous with hot women, and at times its usually hot women who are single. Plenty of guys do not feel they deserve a hot women or what because they might be high maintenance, or at times shallow, or may need a lot of money to be with hot women. The women who get most attention from guys are average looking women who do not have supply shortages of being with men. Yesterday I met a real hot women and she wanted me to come to an open mic comedy thing, but I couldn't because I had work in the morning, but I should have relented and went. But she asked if I was single and so is she. Mind you I'm not hot guy just average looking. On the flip side I try to go for average looking women, generally a woman that is curvy or chubby with a cute face or if not big butt or big breasts or what not. The women I go for have no shortage of men, and because of their physical securities they prefer a man that is good looking or more physically attractive than them. I can no longer go for average looking women no more because they have no shortage of men and generally go for the wrong type of men. Every guy is going for average looking women from average guys, to guys who are too shy to approach hot women and don't want deal with unattractive women and hot guys who think average women are easy, and generally average women would be with an hot guy.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:33 PM

609 posts, read 615,753 times
^ the theory that average women get more cumulative male attention sounds plausible to me i.e. guys below them, guys on their level, and guys above them who see them as easy pickings
While the so-called "super hot" women get attention from only guys who are brave enough to make that attempt

Old 04-17-2015, 09:37 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,415,758 times
Yet what is considered to be "attractive" or "hot" to whatever particular man or men? I'll drop the word "hot" here (as this can be a rather subjective term) and just simply say "attractive" (and, for that matter, I don't even say or look for "attractive" but rather someone who is what I deem to be "attractive enough"). That is, as long as she meets some minimum standard of acceptable-enough sensuality and femininity, I can embrace her as suitable for me (or "suitable enough") and value her. I find a whole cross-section of women to be attractive and desirable (i.e., attractive in different ways). A woman doesn't have to look like Venus (goddess of love) or voluptuous and all dolled up like Nicki Minaj or Pam Anderson or Kim Kardashian or whomever.

For instance, I think back to the time in my 20s when I was employed as a editorial assistant at a large publishing company and, on our staff of other editors, there was a woman in her late 20s or early 30s (who was married) who never wore any makeup and dressed very plain and wasn't well-built in any of her feminine bodily attributes and even hardly built (certainly not voluptuous or even remotely semi-voluptuous). Yet she had long straight silky hair, smooth and clear skin, and a nice-enough smile (and good teeth), a feminine-enough voice, and slenderness (almost like a slender and hardly-built teenager). She looked like the proverbial non-spectacular "girl next door". I know that a host of other males would think she was basically presentable yet non-spectacular (not seeing her to be what you all refer to as "hot" by any means). And yet I found her quite appealing in appearance and in how she carried herself. I would have been thrilled and very, very pleased if someone like her was my woman. She didn't ever doll herself up at all and had a wholesome natural look and appeal about her. This doesn't mean that I also wouldn't find more voluptuous or made-up women attractive as well; it just means that I can see appeal in many types of women that a host of other males would just see as "plain" (not offensive-looking but also not standout-ish looking). By the way, I myself have been told by enough females over the decades and to this day (as well as by males) that I am an attractive or handsome man or enough so (even as a senior now) . . . so I am not one who had decided in life-at-large to lower his standards in life because he is rather unattractive himself and therefore feels he can't get anyone considered prototypically "desirable" or "hot".

The fact is that, even when I was younger (such as in my 20s) and through the succeeding decades after, I had seen-- and continue to see to this day --women in their late 50s or even 60s or even 70s who had enough appeal to me (even though they are that much more aged than someone in their twenties or thirties). If a woman has some passing semblance of the feminine hourglass shape and has reasonable-enough facial cheeks (kissable), good-enough skin condition and female softness and suppleness of skin, and an acceptable-enough mouth (lips, teeth), I can see myself holding, kissing, and cuddling with her. And sleeping with her as well. She doesn't have to look like someone from a modeling session or dolled up like an actress in a Hollywood movie. I consider such "understated" women to be as appealing to me as the prototypically "hot", "voluptuous", "sultry", "all made up or all dolled up" women. Their feminine, womanly characteristics and virtues still come through to me and in a more natural way rather than in a feigned way.

Last edited by UsAll; 04-17-2015 at 10:10 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 10:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Well, then. Everything you say on these threads are lies, too. Your ex that broke up with you to go back to her husband? I'm not buying it. There's another reason she broke things off with you. Hard for me to feel bad for you.

There. How do you like it?

WHY on earth would women lie about having bad experiences in dating? Am I missing something?
If women have dating so easy, wouldn't we all be out and about being adored and spoiled by fabulous men? We'd be spending far less time (or no time) on CD, I can tell you that for sure.

I, for one, would LOVE to be able to sit here and type about my fabulous dating life; I really, really would, but I can't. And it was much the same when I did the dating thing back in my early 20s. So, believe me, youth in no way guarantees a great love life for women, either, no matter how attractive they may be.
I don't care what you think. I have nothing to prove to you or the other members of this forum. I stand by what I've said. Think I'm lying? I don't give a damn.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:40 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,107 times
Yea unbelievably hot women can be as lonely as anyone else but its not from lack of contact since guys constantly try to get them. They may have ridiculous standards but its because they can afford to since they attract so many men.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:45 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Yea unbelievably hot women can be as lonely as anyone else but its not from lack of contact since guys constantly try to get them. They may have ridiculous standards but its because they can afford to since they attract so many men.
Some don't have ridiculous standards. They just want a good, decent guy. But it's only the arrogant types or the sleazes that approach them. I know a couple of women who were really hot, but got the wrong kind of attention from guys (even though they dressed modestly), so they deliberately gained weight so they wouldn't have to deal with those guys again. And it worked; after that, the nice guys they were looking for felt that these women might be in their league, so they approached them. (One was still too shy, so he had a wingman approach the woman.) It worked out well, and they're both married now, to average guys. A lot of hot women are just normal people, and not high maintenance at all.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
I saw this thread earlier this morning and wanted to add my two cents, but I HATE typing on my goddamned phone.

Long story short, I've sat and listened to GORGEOUS WOMEN--the one I'm thinking of specifically was tall, Italian, hot accent and all, fresh from Rome, in NYC--complain how men will not approach her. She was actually irritated by it, as she was a friendly girl looking forward to experiencing America, specifically NYC.

I told her it was my opinion that she was simply too hot (I did not mention her height, which wasn't ridiculous, but she was a model-type) and that most guys would be too intimidated or assume she was already taken. I was dating her friend, having great fun showing her the city, and she wanted that same experience with an American guy.

So yeah, I can see some hot women just not being approached by the types of men they'd fancy, it makes sense. They DO get 'hollered at' all day, though. I work with some women who look like walking pieces of candy, and can't get home on the subway without their earbuds in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships