Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2015, 05:21 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I think charger would be my second or third choice for patrol car.

The glasspacks on my pickup are mellowing out. I haven't been stopped, yet. The old pickup feels like it has some more giddy up.
I'm seeing more and more agencies here starting to use the Charger.

Pretty tough looking ride for a police car.... liking it.

We're watching old reruns form the 70's of Rockford Files and man... those old cop cars they used back then were some fugly looking cars....

Old 10-25-2015, 05:33 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm seeing more and more agencies here starting to use the Charger.

Pretty tough looking ride for a police car.... liking it.

We're watching old reruns form the 70's of Rockford Files and man... those old cop cars they used back then were some fugly looking cars....
Most of those cars were ugly. The Fury would have been fun. My folks had a Dodge St Regis. There was a patrol version. Some with the slant 6. CHP patrol cars could not get out of their own way. That's when the fox body Mustang became a patrol car. The parents St Regis had the 360. Which was a running motor.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Just took a shower and slipped on a nice robe...

Great way to spend an early afternoon on Sunday

I could think a few ways to enhance said Sunday, but pg13 rules get in the way...
WINE
wine is pg-13
I just poured myself a glass of red. There's a lasagna in the oven waiting for some of the men to come back from hockey. This is one of the first Sunday's in a long time where I had no where to go...it was so nice!

Quote:
If by Ferrari you mean 18 yr old mustang... LOL, and it's not even my car, It's Mrs. Chow's.... LOL... I don't have a car right now...

We are in the market to buy something... I've mentioned here in chat a few times,

Torn between the Dodge Challenger and the MINI cooper.

Of course I want the Challenger , but we can get a MINI for about 5k cheaper and also the gas mileage is much better too.

IDK....
I'm jealous of your mustang. I would LOVE a charger, however I have a few more years of carting around kids before I can get myself a nice, mid-life crisis car

Old 10-25-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
WINE
wine is pg-13
I just poured myself a glass of red. There's a lasagna in the oven waiting for some of the men to come back from hockey. This is one of the first Sunday's in a long time where I had no where to go...it was so nice!

I'm jealous of your mustang. I would LOVE a charger, however I have a few more years of carting around kids before I can get myself a nice, mid-life crisis car
Yep... I rented a Challenger one time and drove through the California desert at about 85 mph with some hardcore metal being cranked...

It was a cliché among cliché's... but I enjoyed it....

The charger and challenger both are some nice mean ass rides...

I'm contemplating the MINI just for the small footprint and better gas mileage and it's cheaper... The Challenger I want is about 30k.... maybe a little cheaper... we can score a pretty decent used MINI for around 19 or so, a little cheaper in some cases.... I want to pay cash so that's why I'm splitting hairs, if we were to finance it, I probably wouldn't be so concerned about the price difference.

I really want the Nissan Xtera... but Mrs. chow is pretty adamant about not getting a SUV.. El Hefe shot me down on that one....

Old 10-25-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Yep... I rented a Challenger one time and drove through the California desert at about 85 mph with some hardcore metal being cranked...

It was a cliché among cliché's... but I enjoyed it....

The charger and challenger both are some nice mean ass rides...

I'm contemplating the MINI just for the small footprint and better gas mileage and it's cheaper... The Challenger I want is about 30k.... maybe a little cheaper... we can score a pretty decent used MINI for around 19 or so, a little cheaper in some cases.... I want to pay cash so that's why I'm splitting hairs, if we were to finance it, I probably wouldn't be so concerned about the price difference.

I really want the Nissan Xtera... but Mrs. chow is pretty adamant about not getting a SUV.. El Hefe shot me down on that one....
I tried my hardest to convince my husband to get a Charger when he was buying a car. He's much too practical though.

You are a true Cali boy...footprint and all...lol
My Nissan sucks gas...14mpg
However, my commute is only 1.3 miles

Old 10-25-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I tried my hardest to convince my husband to get a Charger when he was buying a car. He's much too practical though.

You are a true Cali boy...footprint and all...lol
My Nissan sucks gas...14mpg
However, my commute is only 1.3 miles
You drive that big beast though, The armada??? I think was what you said... I like that, it has nice lines, I've always been a Nissan fan... but naw... the gas mileage is too crappy.

Now that I don't have a company car and gas credit card, I'm definitely more dialed into gas mileage.....

Old 10-25-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
You drive that big beast though, The armada??? I think was what you said... I like that, it has nice lines, I've always been a Nissan fan... but naw... the gas mileage is too crappy.

Now that I don't have a company car and gas credit card, I'm definitely more dialed into gas mileage.....
Yeah, that giant gas guzzler. It's a very comfy ride though, like a couch on wheels.
If I had a longer commute I would have stuck to driving a mini-van for the mileage alone.

We do take it on vacation though...but it's nice because it fits all the kids plus luggage.

And, I'm usually the designated driver when I go out with friends since it fits 8 adults pretty comfortably.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Do you need car insurance in the US?

Old 10-25-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Do you need car insurance in the US?
Yes, have to have it to register the car

Old 10-25-2015, 07:26 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Yes, have to have it to register the car
In the UK you buy a car, then you get it insured for damage, theft etc

But I can't begin to tell you how much trouble uninsured drivers cost

Cheers sixy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships