Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 04:00 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, it's funny because to me that thread is just over the top common sense... LOL, it's funny how some people can view things. We used to have a long time poster here and this person was one of those types that was just totally "me me" just in the sense that anything went for that person as long as they got what they wanted, IDK, it's hard to explain, if it benefited them they did't care about any morality or ethics, if it was something that served them.

Pretty narcissistic verging on sociopathic behavior. Some long time posters might know who I'm talking about, this person has been gone or at least gone under their screen name for a few yrs now.
Would I know that person? Baring in mind I've only been here just over 3 months?

For the record chow I actually think your right in what your saying ^^^ apart from the entertainment value one or 2 have given me the chills as you can tell that mentality there not all there.

That one I mentioned earlier in that DM he drives me mad though, he said nothing to me yet but his views on women makes me sick ( my pet hate )

Old 12-07-2015, 04:09 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Would I know that person? Baring in mind I've only been here just over 3 months?

For the record chow I actually think your right in what your saying ^^^ apart from the entertainment value one or 2 have given me the chills as you can tell that mentality there not all there.

That one I mentioned earlier in that DM he drives me mad though, he said nothing to me yet but his views on women makes me sick ( my pet hate )
Nah, you wouldn't know this person, They've been gone a couple of yrs now. Yeah, I get you on the entertainment factor, but sometimes I let them get me upset, not nearly as much as I used to get pissed off, I tend to just ignore people more now.

I posted a normal leveled head response in a thread and some guy comes at me with major attitude and rollie eyes and the whole nine. I ignored him and was friendly or at least cordial until he said that I came at him first.

I'm like, no sir, you attacked me and gave me major attitude and I politely ignored that and told him that he can't have a conversation without getting all emotional, as the poster doesn't he loses his temper and can't have a dialog without hurling insults.

LOL, meh... I just ignore those azzhats these days.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:19 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Nah, you wouldn't know this person, They've been gone a couple of yrs now. Yeah, I get you on the entertainment factor, but sometimes I let them get me upset, not nearly as much as I used to get pissed off, I tend to just ignore people more now.

I posted a normal leveled head response in a thread and some guy comes at me with major attitude and rollie eyes and the whole nine. I ignored him and was friendly or at least cordial until he said that I came at him first.

I'm like, no sir, you attacked me and gave me major attitude and I politely ignored that and told him that he can't have a conversation without getting all emotional, as the poster doesn't he loses his temper and can't have a dialog without hurling insults.

The only idiot I remember is the one who posts YouTube after YouTube video.

I am cleared to go back work work tomorrow. Albeit, light duty. I have to use the bloody crutches and moon boot for the next six weeks.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:

Ohhhhhh I totally 10000000% get that mate!!!

I'm quite thick skinned but I know a few things really can hurt, I've been quite lucky that I've not been shot down us such yet but as I've had to curve my humour a bit I feel like I'm having to sit on the fence and agree with posts sometimes which ain't really me LOL

That geezer that came at you today was an a hole in that thread, I had to bite my tongue if honest as I usually stick up for mates ( not that you can't look after yourself of course plus I don't think anyone dare take on sea 😱😱😱😂😂😂😂😂 )

But the good and positive thing to take from the a holes on here is that it helps identify who the good ones are

Old 12-07-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The only idiot I remember is the one who posts YouTube after YouTube video.

I am cleared to go back work work tomorrow. Albeit, light duty. I have to use the bloody crutches and moon boot for the next six weeks.

That sound like some good news, at least you won't be missing out on making money and still gets you out of the house and feeling productive. That's another reason I have to get back to reality and get a job, I've been starting to get bored by not doing anything, but I'm a lazy sucker at heart, so IDK....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ohhhhhh I totally 10000000% get that mate!!!

I'm quite thick skinned but I know a few things really can hurt, I've been quite lucky that I've not been shot down us such yet but as I've had to curve my humour a bit I feel like I'm having to sit on the fence and agree with posts sometimes which ain't really me LOL

That geezer that came at you today was an a hole in that thread, I had to bite my tongue if honest as I usually stick up for mates ( not that you can't look after yourself of course plus I don't think anyone dare take on sea 😱😱😱😂😂😂😂😂 )

But the good and positive thing to take from the a holes on here is that it helps identify who the good ones are
Yeah, the problem with the anonymity of the Internet is that it allows people to be complete jackasses.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:20 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
That sound like some good news, at least you won't be missing out on making money and still gets you out of the house and feeling productive. That's another reason I have to get back to reality and get a job, I've been starting to get bored by not doing anything, but I'm a lazy sucker at heart, so IDK....

Yeah, the problem with the anonymity of the Internet is that it allows people to be complete jackasses.
I have plenty of sick time. I could be out six months and still collect a check.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:49 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Quote:
I pretty much sent out a few resumes last Thursday and one of them was to a guy I knew from a project a little while ago, he forwarded my resume to his supervisor and he just now texted me saying that his boss will call me in a little while.

LOL, we'll have to see how this shakes out as I've got another company that is supposed to be contacting me this week, be nice to hook both of these companies and see if we can start a bidding war for the ol Chowmaster.

I would be great to get something lined up in the next week or two and then still be able to delay my start date til mid Jan.... be nice to have a job just waiting til after the holidays.
Wait. What? Are you saying that they are hounding you, Chow?

BAHA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA

Old 12-07-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
LOL, it's funny because to me that thread is just over the top common sense... LOL, it's funny how some people can view things. We used to have a long time poster here and this person was one of those types that was just totally "me me" just in the sense that anything went for that person as long as they got what they wanted, IDK, it's hard to explain, if it benefited them they did't care about any morality or ethics, if it was something that served them.

Pretty narcissistic verging on sociopathic behavior. Some long time posters might know who I'm talking about, this person has been gone or at least gone under their screen name for a few yrs now.
I wonder if this was my ex. He was here a couple years ago. Narcissistic. Sociopath.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I have plenty of sick time. I could be out six months and still collect a check.

My last job, I had 5 sick days and 4 weeks vacation, So I'd be screwed in 5 weeks, but I guess after a while you could collect short term disability, but that doesn't give you all that much, but better than nothing I suppose, hope you have some money saved to supplement the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Wait. What? Are you saying that they are hounding you, Chow?

BAHA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA

LOL, nothing like a good corny joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I wonder if this was my ex. He was here a couple years ago. Narcissistic. Sociopath.
LOL, I think it was probably before you started hanging around, not sure though.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:04 PM

He was here before I was. I never paid attention to what he wrote online. That is until he cheated on me. Then I logged on and read what he wrote. He was continually telling people how he was alone in the world, how he couldn't get a date, poor him, poor him. All while I was living with him. Cheating on me was the best thing he could have done for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships