Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 10:55 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I really used to like sitting outside in the dark with only the stars out but I got attacked by mosquitos so bad it became more pain the pleasure.

I think one thing I really want Mr. CSD to make for me is a screened in gazebo so I can sit outside like I used to but not be welted with mosquito bites when I go inside. I think one of the all screen ones where the roof is screen also, not solid.
When I lived in Florida we had a screened in porch, but you couldn't make it without one down there. They have insects that carry away small children if you're not careful.

We have phases here usually around all this rain. I tell you though the Fireflies have been insane too. My yard is just swarming with fireflies at dusk. My niece has been loving it.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:59 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
I really used to like sitting outside in the dark with only the stars out but I got attacked by mosquitos so bad it became more pain the pleasure.

I think one thing I really want Mr. CSD to make for me is a screened in gazebo so I can sit outside like I used to but not be welted with mosquito bites when I go inside. I think one of the all screen ones where the roof is screen also, not solid.

Edited to add: It is time to step away from some of the nonsense threads on this forum (not in here). Some people are just too wrapped up in whatever their issue is they cannot see the truth or logic in what has been posted.
I still wonder why I keep voluntarily reading and responding to those posts.
I think it is time to go and catch some bank robbers which is about as easy as catching 100 small ants running very quickly.
For me, reading them is voluntary, responding is a reflex. lol

Old 06-22-2015, 11:08 PM

Another cool one I saw on Pinterest recently

Quote:
Built in 1937. Dubbed the Zeppelin by its current owner, famed customizer Art Himsl, the Zeppelin started out its life as a prototype house car built by a mechanic at the Chris-Craft boat dealership in San Francisco. A San Francisco doctor who had high hopes of manufacturing a number of them commissioned the vehicle, but World War II material shortages effectively ended his quest.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
For me, reading them is voluntary, responding is a reflex. lol
I just went back for one more shot.........LMAO

Moth (CSD) -------------------> Meet Flame.......

Old 06-22-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
When I lived in Florida we had a screened in porch, but you couldn't make it without one down there. They have insects that carry away small children if you're not careful.

We have phases here usually around all this rain. I tell you though the Fireflies have been insane too. My yard is just swarming with fireflies at dusk. My niece has been loving it.

Our Grandsons were trying to catch fireflies without squishing them, it really was not working out well for the fireflies at all....LOL

I told the boys that my Mother and other Adults would tell us to catch fireflies and bring them to her/them.
Once we did that they all took the glowy part off of the bugs and put them on us so they could see us kids glow in the dark.

I never realized how terrible that was until I matured.

Edited to add: I think it is time to go and snuggle in and quit terrorizing others on the forum for now.
I am hoping my part time gal gets medically cleared tomorrow so she can stop and visit for a bit.
She was going to stop on Thursday after her Doctor's appointment however, she discovered at her appointment what she thought was watery eyes from allergies was actually Pink Eye.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:32 PM

I say firefly after one of my favorite shows that was killed way too soon by Fox.

But of course the proper term in Missoura is lightning bug

Old 06-22-2015, 11:33 PM

Mags and Bio,

I read somewhere that a Purple Martin house is good for mosquitos as well and I believe the Amish use them.
I do know you can find plans online to build one, I have it saved somewhere but the plans were free.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I say firefly after one of my favorite shows that was killed way too soon by Fox.

But of course the proper term in Missoura is lightning bug

Illinois as well.

Unless you are my 3 year old son who called them "It Litted em up bugs" the first time he encountered one.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Another cool one I saw on Pinterest recently

Oh......I love that. Makes total sense that it was built by someone who dealt with 30's Chris-Crafts. Those boats are stunning. If I ever have the money.................

Quote:
I just went back for one more shot.........LMAO

Moth (CSD) -------------------> Meet Flame.......
LOL!

Old 06-22-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Mags and Bio,

I read somewhere that a Purple Martin house is good for mosquitos as well and I believe the Amish use them.
I do know you can find plans online to build one, I have it saved somewhere but the plans were free.
I'll look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships