Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 01:27 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think she is hitting all the restaurants hot spots... she and bf are not big club goers...right now she is on her way to Mary Mac's tea room for peach cobbler...lol...but said getting around ( traffic ) is a nightmare...
The food there is just so good . It's 1 block away from where I live. I'd also suggest strolling down Peachtree street, where I usually hang out in my free time.

As for traffic, I just walk or take public transit everywhere. It's faster, and keeps me fit . I have zipcar to the rescue if I need to be out in the burbs for any reason. If you are taking a car, put it in the midtown parking garage, and use public transit or walking to get around the heart of Atlanta. You enjoy much more that way.

I've walked past Fados Irish pub on St Patrick's night. It's a very lively atmosphere.

Wishing the couple a good trip.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-14-2015 at 01:44 PM..

Old 06-14-2015, 04:07 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
We are at a Waffle House and it is standing room only waiting line out of the door.
The last time I saw this Waffle House this full was about 12 years ago. Everyone was drunk, starving and LOUD....LOL
We were considering going to a chicken-and-waffle place yesterday, but didn't want to face the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
They definitely didn't have a whole lot of competition this weekend. They spent $150M to make it, so I'd say they made their money.

When the original opened in 1994 it was Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump, The Shawshank Redemption and Jurassic Park all in the theatre at the same time. Pulp Fiction won the weekend.
What a lineup!

Maybe we'll go see Jurassic during the week.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Chicken and waffles... seems like such a juxtaposition: breakfast and lunch, sweet and savory. But I am intrigued.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:56 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,869 times
I thought it was pretty good. It didn't have an amazing story, but it was a good summer action movie. Lots of chomp chomp! That's about all you expect from those kind of movies anyway. The audience did applaud at the end.

Friggin line was wrapped around the building.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:57 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Chicken and waffles... seems like such a juxtaposition: breakfast and lunch, sweet and savory. But I am intrigued.
It helps if you are drunk

Old 06-14-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Lol. Yep, it does sound funny, but the standards are that way, too: bacon/sausage/eggs served with pancakes/waffles/French toast/jam, etc. I love sweet and savory together.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I thought it was pretty good. It didn't have an amazing story, but it was a good summer action movie. That's about all you expect from those kind of movies anyway. The audience did applaud at the end.

That's a good enough review for me, lol. It'll be free for us anyway because we have those gift certificates.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:04 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
I thought it was pretty good. It didn't have an amazing story, but it was a good summer action movie. Lots of chomp chomp! That's about all you expect from those kind of movies anyway. The audience did applaud at the end.

Yeah, we watched all the other movies in that series, we'll have to check this one out... but yeah, there's only enough story line to get up to speed, so to speak and also to keep the action flowing... LOL....

I guess I'm getting older now, but I don't watch action movies as much as when I was younger, but everyone once in a while a good action flick is good.

Those Liam Neeson movies where he has to get his daughter back "Taken" those were pretty good ones..... he does some good head bustin in those movies...

Old 06-14-2015, 05:04 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
We are not home yet and still have a stop to make before we get home.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:

ha. I have never, ever seen that happen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, we watched all the other movies in that series, we'll have to check this one out... but yeah, there's only enough story line to get up to speed, so to speak and also to keep the action flowing... LOL....

I guess I'm getting older now, but I don't watch action movies as much as when I was younger, but everyone once in a while a good action flick is good.

Those Liam Neeson movies where he has to get his daughter back "Taken" those were pretty good ones..... he does some good head bustin in those movies...
lol. I still think this is the best ever,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsu8vL2YyPQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships