Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 06:46 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Mrs.. Chow is making homemade egg rolls tomorrow. I had to drive to three damn stores to find the wrappers. I mean WTF.... LOL.... first world problems, but still.....

The third store had them and I felt like I won the lotto.....

The egg roll recipe is old as the hills, but they turn out pretty darn tasty.
That sounds good. I think I'm the grill ***** tomorrow night.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:47 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...mentality.html

Adi, I thought of you because you are from India, I did not assume about the Muslim part. I thought you might be able to help this girl get answers to her questions.
CSD, ultimatley its her choice though. If she feels comfortable with this guy, has been around him for a while, and trusts him to be a caring husband and father (if she plans to have kids), then I see no problem.

For most Indian people I know, there is a 18-24 month period between finding a girl and getting married. Other than the sex part (which I'm unsure of because indians usually tend to be secretive about it), there is a lot of "getting to know each other" which goes on through friends, family, and personal time prior to marriage.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
CSD, ultimatley its her choice though. If she feels comfortable with this guy, has been around him for a while, and trusts him to be a caring husband and father (if she plans to have kids), then I see no problem.

For most Indian people I know, there is a 18-24 month period between finding a girl and getting married. Other than the sex part (which I'm unsure of because indians usually tend to be secretive about it), there is a lot of "getting to know each other" which goes on through friends, family, and personal time prior to marriage.
Okay, I wasn't sure and thank you for taking the time to look into it.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:52 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
She should pass that along some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
...yes, yes she should!
Lol, it's from a school fundraiser cookbook I bought from my ex-boyfriend's little sister a million years ago. It's international recipes from home-ec teachers all over California. Anyway, not sure how authentic, as usual, but they are pretty tasty.

This is how their recipe is written, but you'll surely need to add more seasoning to taste. Rolling them is the hardest part. Tuck-and-roll. Just try to keep them snug and tight, but not so much that they tear, lol. Anyway...

~~~~

Light oil for frying (peanut, canola, grapeseed)
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 Spanish onion, minced finely (any onion is fine)
4 green onions, chopped finely
1 tsp. salt
1 can water chestnuts, minced
1-2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
2 cups bean sprouts (not avail. at our store anymore; you can sub more cabbage or chestnuts)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 package egg roll skins
Sambal Oelek chili paste or chili garlic paste, or Sriracha sauce (optional)
Hot mustard (simple recipes all over internet, basically dry mustard water; different versions)(optional)
Sweet-and-sour sauce (optional)

In a large skillet (it's a pretty big amount; we use a big "wok"), brown ground beef and pork. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Add onion, water chestnuts, and cabbage. Simmer over heat until slightly cooked. Drain fat and remove from heat.

Add green onions and bean sprouts. Mix thoroughly. Cool mixture slightly.

Place 3-4 Tbsp. of mixture on egg roll skin. Wrap and seal as you would an envelope. Fry in oil until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels and serve.

Makes 24 rolls.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:01 PM

I'll have to get that printed out and thank you for taking so much time to write it all out and post it.

I actually have two wok's, one is cast iron and the other is not but it is non stick.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:09 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
yummmm. Thanks Sea

Old 06-25-2015, 08:21 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
I'll have to get that printed out and thank you for taking so much time to write it all out and post it.
No, no, thank you.

Quote:
I actually have two wok's, one is cast iron and the other is not but it is non stick.
Yeah, I'd like to try a real wok sometime. This one's more like a really deep nonstick skillet, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
yummmm. Thanks Sea
Welcome.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:31 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times
Back when my stepdad was in the Navy I knew this kid whose dad married a Filipino lady overseas, and she used to make the real deal Filipino Lumpia and it was awesome. It used to get awkward and they'd tell me it was time for me to go home after I'd eat about 10 of them. Not trying to feed the whole neighborhood kid.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:42 PM

Filipino Lumpia Recipe - Allrecipes.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpia

Looks great, I'll have to try them sometime, I always like trying new things.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times
Current status: We are getting lit up like a xmas tree. Vito is in my bed underneath 3 quilts.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships