Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2015, 10:57 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times

Advertisements

Off to dry my hair, then go out to do errands. I'm getting used to doing things on my own again since my guy tends to sleep for 15 hour stretches sometimes. Hopefully both of us will be able to celebrate my SIL's birthday this evening. Which reminds me, I have some birthday wrapping to do.

I am dreading tomorrow being Monday. It seems that my job isn't important anymore, because I'm not making a difference. I have to keep telling myself that it's keeping a roof over my head.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:45 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Off to dry my hair, then go out to do errands. I'm getting used to doing things on my own again since my guy tends to sleep for 15 hour stretches sometimes. Hopefully both of us will be able to celebrate my SIL's birthday this evening. Which reminds me, I have some birthday wrapping to do.

I am dreading tomorrow being Monday. It seems that my job isn't important anymore, because I'm not making a difference. I have to keep telling myself that it's keeping a roof over my head.
I hate Monday's as well.

But you are important not just at home with your husband but I'm sure at work as well, your a loving and caring person and good People do make the difference both at home and at work

Old 11-29-2015, 12:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
It looks like I have a couple of dirt work projects for the house, next spring. Looks like I will need to source some fill dirt to make the parking in the back a bit more level and usable.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It looks like I have a couple of dirt work projects for the house, next spring. Looks like I will need to source some fill dirt to make the parking in the back a bit more level and usable.
I've always live in a flat/apartment, it seems a house is SO high maintenance?

Old 11-29-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I've always live in a flat/apartment, it seems a house is SO high maintenance?
If a person stays on top of the maintenance, it isn't bad. Letting things go always turns into bigger ordeals. The house it 67 years old. It is in great shape. Everything is here is small scale things. And updates need to happen from time to time. The things I want to do will make it easier and more useful.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If a person stays on top of the maintenance, it isn't bad. Letting things go always turns into bigger ordeals. The house it 67 years old. It is in great shape. Everything is here is small scale things. And updates need to happen from time to time. The things I want to do will make it easier and more useful.
Despite being in construction I'm useless around the home, absolutely HATE doing improvements ( usually get someone in LOL)

Old 11-29-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Despite being in construction I'm useless around the home, absolutely HATE doing improvements ( usually get someone in LOL)
I can do most everything around here. Most from my days of doing construction. Wish I would have learned more then. Oh, well.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:03 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Part of the problem with really old houses is that they used aluminum for the electrical wiring and that has a tendency to break down too soon, and the plumbing wasn't copper, using copper for both the electrical systems and the plumbing systems is really the best way of doing things, and older houses tend to not be as insulated, so knowing these things helps as a home owner, as you go along these systems can be upgraded in time, but yeah, they have houses in parts of the UK that are two or three hundred yrs old... that would be a trip to live in a house that is that old.... wonder how many people croaked in them... LOL...

Old 11-29-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Part of the problem with really old houses is that they used aluminum for the electrical wiring and that has a tendency to break down too soon, and the plumbing wasn't copper, using copper for both the electrical systems and the plumbing systems is really the best way of doing things, and older houses tend to not be as insulated, so knowing these things helps as a home owner, as you go along these systems can be upgraded in time, but yeah, they have houses in parts of the UK that are two or three hundred yrs old... that would be a trip to live in a house that is that old.... wonder how many people croaked in them... LOL...
I always wonder about how many have kicked over. The electrical seems to be updated here. The plumbing is dandy.

The other thing I need to do is build a storage shed, wood shop. Then use the garage for welding and fun stuff like that.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Nice and happy thought lol

I've worked on an 800 year old church before at night and even outside was scary but inside 😱😱😱😱

Chow look back a page or 2 I'm curious about crating your bunny lol and how long it took
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships