Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 12:34 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm sitting here trying to get my resume together and start the process of trying to get a job... LOL, sort of a new thing for me.. way back when I was a kid, a family friend got me my first "real" job. I worked there 15 yrs and was going to school way back then too.

I got my second "real" job because of contacts I had at my first job, just called up guys I knew and basically got in thru the back door so to speak.

Never had to deal with the whole searching for a job thing.

Gotta say... its friggin sucks.

I'm getting my resume together, gonna go shopping soon and buy some "interview" clothes, as I don't have any of that **** any more, my job luckily I was able to just wear jeans and Polo shirts.

I called a company today that I'm interested in and spoke with the receptionist and ask "Hello, I'd like to speak with someone who is involved in HR or the hiring process."

She comes back with some snarky shyt grilling about what for etc etc , I told her, then she says something about going to their website, and I did go there and it didn't appear to accept resume's properly.

She then blurts out something about faxing it... I felt like saying who the F faxes **** anymore, it's all done through emails.

The fax machine in our office wasn't hardly used, at least that I saw anyways....

Good grief, is this how it's gonna be???

Not looking forward to this shyt.

Way back...... LOL

That's how I got my first job to through a family friend , and that's the only one good thing about my job you literally gotta pick up the phone and " ello guv'nor you looking for any blokes??? " and you usually start the next day

I'm sure you'll be fine chow and I for one would pay to see your résumé

And as your a mate I would advise you don't wear " that " jacket when you go for the interview ....

Ps only joking they would be lucky to have you fella

Old 11-04-2015, 06:27 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
Quote:
I'm sitting here trying to get my resume together and start the process of trying to get a job...

. . . Good grief, is this how it's gonna be???

Good luck, Chow.

Yes. It DOES suck. I won't lie to you.

There are all sorts of scary stories out there. Webpages that don't work for applicants (yep, happened to me). Psych tests (that they call "surveys") that take forever to complete only for the applicant to get an email back days later that says that the test was inconclusion and can it be re-taken . . . um . . . NO (yep, happened to me). An interview being cancelled over the phone as the applicant is pulling into the parking lot for the interview (yep, happened to me).

All I can say is, although the wait is difficult, NO one wants to work at those kinds of places anyway.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
I'm sitting here trying to get my resume together and start the process of trying to get a job... LOL, sort of a new thing for me.. way back when I was a kid, a family friend got me my first "real" job. I worked there 15 yrs and was going to school way back then too.

I got my second "real" job because of contacts I had at my first job, just called up guys I knew and basically got in thru the back door so to speak.

Never had to deal with the whole searching for a job thing.

Gotta say... its friggin sucks.

I'm getting my resume together, gonna go shopping soon and buy some "interview" clothes, as I don't have any of that **** any more, my job luckily I was able to just wear jeans and Polo shirts.

I called a company today that I'm interested in and spoke with the receptionist and ask "Hello, I'd like to speak with someone who is involved in HR or the hiring process."

She comes back with some snarky shyt grilling about what for etc etc , I told her, then she says something about going to their website, and I did go there and it didn't appear to accept resume's properly.

She then blurts out something about faxing it... I felt like saying who the F faxes **** anymore, it's all done through emails.

The fax machine in our office wasn't hardly used, at least that I saw anyways....

Good grief, is this how it's gonna be???

Email the company. Look up them on the internet and look up employment jobs.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times
I'm alive

Old 11-04-2015, 11:43 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I'm alive

I was ready to send Mags and the Canadian Mounties to look for you.
Welcome back, glad you are alive, safe and hopefully not injured.
Hope you had a great time.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:07 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I was ready to send Mags and the Canadian Mounties to look for you.
Welcome back, glad you are alive, safe and hopefully not injured.
Hope you had a great time.
I'm sure the mounties have better things to do. Miss you guys and gals though. Hope you all are well.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:59 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Welcome back, Bio

Old 11-05-2015, 11:47 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Welcome back beautiful! :P

Old 11-05-2015, 11:49 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Welcome back BM

Nice to meet you

Old 11-05-2015, 11:54 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Welcome back BM

Nice to meet you

We use Bio, it isn't as close to going #2 as BM....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships