Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 07:31 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
My heart, thoughts and prayers are with the people of France.
+1

I know it's a different country but I can't help that think it's too close to London

Old 11-14-2015, 09:06 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
+1

I know it's a different country but I can't help that think it's too close to London
It's even more scary that the targets were so random: a concert, a restaurant, a sports match. Not political or religious or high profile.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's even more scary that the targets were so random: a concert, a restaurant, a sports match. Not political or religious or high profile.
EXACTLY!!!

That's actually the main thing that upsets me in truth just how random it is, the 7/7 attacks on London was scattered around London but mainly on public transport (bus/underground ).

But as I'm based in central London ( 15 minutes walk to Hyde park ) I'm in a prime target zone so to say.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:21 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
It is a way of life for me, one thing I hope most everyone here does, that is keeping your head on a swivel. Be vigilant. Be safe.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is a way of life for me, one thing I hope most everyone here does, that is keeping your head on a swivel. Be vigilant. Be safe.
Absolutely mate

Old 11-14-2015, 09:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

See, that's the way we look at it, but to them, they absolutely were. Here is what ISIS released:

Quote:
Eight brothers carrying explosive belts and guns targeted areas in the heart of the French capital that were specifically chosen in advance: the Stade de France during a match against Germany which the imbecile, Francois Hollande, was attending; the Bataclan where hundreds of idolaters were together in a party of perversity as well as other targets in the 10th, 11th and 18th arrondissement. France and those who follow its path must know they will remain on top of Islamic State targets, and the scent of death will not leave their noses.
…having dared insult our Prophet, having bragged about fighting Islam in France and striking Muslims in the Caliphate with their planes which have not helped them in any way in the foul-smelling streets of Paris. This attack is just the start of a storm and a warning for those who wish to draw lessons.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:25 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
See, that's the way we look at it, but to them, they absolutely were. Here is what ISIS released:
I don't want to get political here, but we watched a documentary about the Iraq war and it really appeared to be pretty objective and in it, it lays out all of the events that lead up to and the creation of ISIS... long story to get involved into, but they are a direct result of our doing..... granted those people are crazy, I'm not saying that they aren't, but the events of how things unfolded directly aided the formation of those loons.....

Overall the whole damn thing is a mess and needs to get dealt with, on a positive side, that psycho that was knopping off people's heads "jihad john" they think that they might have gotten that cockroach. It's not even personal he's just like a rabid dog that needs to get put down. You can't go around slicing off people's heads on camera, just can't happen in a civilized society.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:37 AM

^^^ yeah, I agree, Chow.

I think it needs to be dealt with, but I don't know how to fight an ideology? These pukes are everywhere now. It's not like we can just go encircle the middle east and slowly close the noose. I guess we could, but I mean a serious, WW2 type, **** you in the ass, bad guy, kinda deal. Change our rules of engagement, because they are ridiculous as they stand right now, and only put our people in danger.

I'm also not happy that Trudeau is planning on pulling our CF-18's out of the bombing campaign. What a time for that! We have to stick by France in this, and if we pull out now, we'll look like fools.

Hopefully, he'll change his mind after the G20 meeting.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:02 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
^^^ yeah, I agree, Chow.

I think it needs to be dealt with, but I don't know how to fight an ideology? These pukes are everywhere now. It's not like we can just go encircle the middle east and slowly close the noose. I guess we could, but I mean a serious, WW2 type, **** you in the ass, bad guy, kinda deal. Change our rules of engagement, because they are ridiculous as they stand right now, and only put our people in danger.

I'm also not happy that Trudeau is planning on pulling our CF-18's out of the bombing campaign. What a time for that! We have to stick by France in this, and if we pull out now, we'll look like fools.

Hopefully, he'll change his mind after the G20 meeting.
We've had technology "supposedly" for 30 yrs now that would provide us with 100 mpg vehicles, I watched a documentary about it in the past and I had a left wing hyper liberal college professor and he used to espouse all of this stuff about conspiracy theories and big oil and US government cooperation... LOL.. I don't know..

Maybe he was right, but one of his theories was that big oil bought up all of the patents to those technologies that would allow an engine to get 100 mph...He probably was right, I mean if you do the math and start to figure out profit percentages etc etc

My point is is that I'm for getting the F out of the middle east period. I mean of those azzholes want to live like it's the 12th century fine...

The only reason we are there is to protect our interest in oil... I mean if the ME exported banana's do you think we'd have spent billions and billions of dollars and blood for that???

I'm a middle of the road guy when it comes to politics, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this stuff out.

So if these ISIS asshats want to give us grief.... just turn that damn part of the world into a parking lot......

Easier said than done of course.......

It's those pesky collateral damages that us in the civiliazed world actually care about, those savages go after "collateral" damage.

I was just talking with Mrs. Chow about this yesterday... I mean can you imagine actually striving to kill innocent people, it's something that I'll never get my head around??? Every other nation in the world works hard to avoid killing innocent people, I mean it happens, but they do precision pinpoint attacks in the effort to avoid it.

We see dead civilians from our strike attacks and it sickens us.

They see dead Americans or whatever, in this case French people ..... and they cheer

Old 11-14-2015, 12:15 PM

You know, I've never understood why any of us are over there for "oil".

Christ, the US and Canada are sitting pretty on that front. We could be a totally self sufficient continent, and still have plenty, PLENTY to sell to everyone else.

The US has 20,680,000,000 barrels per day of proven oil reserves. Canada has 173,100,000,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships