Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:38 AM

609 posts, read 616,824 times

Advertisements

I have dated guys with over 100 women under their belt and had no issue with it. Oh they were super experienced, so that means they are a bad person and will cheat on me??? Give me a break!

Old 04-19-2015, 07:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times
Wow, that's quite a detailed and shocking conversation to have after three years with no idea. Astonishing, really.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:46 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,207,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloroberts View Post
I agree with all of that. I'm not sure where anybody is reading into this that that I'm shaming her. I didn't say that. I simply said that there is an incompatibility.
Well with the OP, you stated her history "Was not ok." Many will be offended, because it seems like you're putting down people who do have a good number of partners, or known to do a good bit of experimenting.

You have to be careful with how you come off with, again, sex, politics and religion, because all are topics that can get very heated when feel someone is putting down how they see and do things with regards to the 3.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:52 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,777,162 times
I do not have a sexual past, and I am in my forties

Old 04-19-2015, 08:11 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,385,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Wow, that's quite a detailed and shocking conversation to have after three years with no idea. Astonishing, really.
I mean, really? One would think that if such a thing were a huge deal, OP, that you would have inquired about it years ago. Not three years into the relationship.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:54 AM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

The thing that a lot of people that claim to be liberal and opened minded don't get is that being open minded is actually a two way street, it mean you are "open minded" that means accepting that others have differing points of views...

I'm truly open minded in that I get both sides of things, the OP doesn't care for her "liberated sexual past".... I don't necessarily agree with him, but i'm "open minded" enough to see his POV....

I think that liberals, and I'm not picking you here personally... I find that they aren't as liberal as they like to think that they are.....

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-19-2015 at 12:41 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 09:05 AM

65 posts, read 43,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The thing that a lot of people that claim to be liberal and opened minded don't get is that being open minded is actually a two way street, it mean you are "open minded" that means accepting that others have differing points of views...

I'm truly open minded in that I get both sides of things, the OP doesn't care for her "liberated sexual past".... I don't necessarily agree with him, but i'm "open minded" enough to see his POV....

I think that liberals, and I'm not picking you here personally... I find that they aren't as liberal as they like to think that they are.....

Well that's very mature. And that's exactly right. People have preferences and opinions, and, although I left it a bit late, I finally found out what I should have asked about long ago, and I've learned my lesson, which is to establish these things early on before both people waste their time. I take responsibility and I won't let it happen again.

As for liberals, yes they are very keen for people to be open minded enough to agree with them on everything. Their motto seems to be : do what you like as long as it's what we like.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,207,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I see this alot. Many are all for sexual freedom. Sex with many partners, different kinds of sex. That's fine + good. But they aren't so open-minded with conservative. The virgin-shaming. Calling someone a prude, or saying they're sexually repressed, they're not living life to the fullest, have issues with people, they're naive, etc. They're just as bad and judgmental, but just on the other side with it.

Seen online alot.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 AM

9,445 posts, read 6,601,788 times
Everyone with strong feelings, liberal or conservative, is like that.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 AM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I see this alot. Many are all for sexual freedom. Sex with many partners, different kinds of sex. That's fine + good. But they aren't so open-minded with conservative. The virgin-shaming. Calling someone a prude, or saying they're sexually repressed, they're not living life to the fullest, have issues with people, they're naive, etc. They're just as bad and judgmental, but just on the other side with it.

Seen online alot.

I agree completely..... I consider myself to be more liberal than conservative, but I've never openly shamed someone of either stripe. Never criticized someone's sexual past either way, whether they've been with a lot of people or have been with none.

I find that it actually takes more work to be sexually conservative as opposed to the other way... LOL...and on that level I sometimes give props to people that want to wait for marriage...I've openly said it's not for me and that I've never waited longer than a month or so for a woman to have sex with me cause I don't roll that way, but for those that do... cool.... way more power to them.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships