Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:22 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,439,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloroberts View Post
No, people usually don't change. I'll just finish with her next time I see her. I'll just say we're not compatible, etc.
After THREE years?! Just as simple as that? Apparently YOU weren't pair-bonded with HER...except for the sex of course. What's the lyric ...before you 'ccuse me, take a look at yourself... It really disgusts me that you can just throw her in the trash because, of course, now she really is just trash to you.

Last edited by reneeh63; 04-19-2015 at 10:31 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 10:30 AM

75 posts, read 57,551 times
So she has been with you for three years and you are worried about her not being able to bond and have a relationship? No. More like you are a hypocrite and judgmental.

People are human not saints. Like someone said, if she is disease free who the hell cares?

Old 04-19-2015, 10:41 AM

65 posts, read 43,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
After THREE years?! Just as simple as that? Apparently YOU weren't pair-bonded with HER...except for the sex of course. What's the lyric ...before you 'ccuse me, take a look at yourself... It really disgusts me that you can just throw her in the trash because, of course, now she really is just trash to you.
I don't get why this upsets you so much. Look, some people are compatible, and some aren't. The kindest thing I can do for both of us is to finish with her. That way she can find someone who is suitable for her, and I can be free to find someone who is suitable for me. Think of all the people out there who are together and unfulfilled because they aren't meant to be together, and get some perspective. Three years is quite some time, but compared to a decade or more, it's not that long.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star.crossed View Post
So she has been with you for three years and you are worried about her not being able to bond and have a relationship? No. More like you are a hypocrite and judgmental.

People are human not saints. Like someone said, if she is disease free who the hell cares?
For me, being free of STIs is not the only issue. It would be ridiculous to stay with someone who I don't consider compatible. I have boundaries and I have politely made them clear to her. Assertiveness should be celebrated, not mocked.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:52 AM

708 posts, read 825,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Good. Now she's free to meet a nice guy who isn't so insecure and judgmental.

Maybe it is insecure and judgemental to label the OP as such simply for having a different preference to yours.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:49 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,252,923 times
I guess it is. Although, it isn't so much the fact that he is bothered by her sexual history, but that he is willing to end a 3 year relationship over it. That discussion should have occurred quite some time ago, if it is that much of an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
Maybe it is insecure and judgemental to label the OP as such simply for having a different preference to yours.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I guess it is. Although, it isn't so much the fact that he is bothered by her sexual history, but that he is willing to end a 3 year relationship over it. That discussion should have occurred quite some time ago, if it is that much of an issue.
What's wrong with wanting to end it after 3 years? Would it be better to keep it going, knowing that it's completely at odds with what I want? I did ask her some questions at the beginning but her answers were misleading, in light of what she has told me recently. If she had told me honestly from the start, we wouldn't be here now.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:57 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,325,413 times
This won't be a popular opinion. But I will not date a woman who has slept around a lot. If you think I'm a jerk for that then I don't care. I have standards and I will keep them.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:00 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,227,897 times
Because what people did as kids in high school or shortly thereafter should matter 10 years down the road.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This won't be a popular opinion. But I will not date a woman who has slept around a lot. If you think I'm a jerk for that then I don't care. I have standards and I will keep them.
That's right. Everyone is entitled to their preferences. If someone doesn't share your values, you move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships