Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:03 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This won't be a popular opinion. But I will not date a woman who has slept around a lot. If you think I'm a jerk for that then I don't care. I have standards and I will keep them.
And, I see no issue with your preference but I suspect a guy in the OP's scenario to have 3 years' worth of data to determine whether or not this woman he's supposed to be in love with should be dumped due to her past from before at least 3 years ago.

This whole thread seems "off" somehow.

Personally, I don't care what others do within their own relationships. But, it seems he made his mind up before he posted, so why post unless this is a relationship issue disguised as shaming a woman for having a colorful sexual past?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:04 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloroberts View Post
That's right. Everyone is entitled to their preferences. If someone doesn't share your values, you move on.
Okay. Do that. Case closed. Glad we could help.

65 posts, read 43,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Because what people did as kids in high school or shortly thereafter should matter 10 years down the road.
It does to some people. Those who choose to do whatever they choose to do should be prepared to accept that not everyone is going to accept them 10 years later. No one is entitled to date every single person that they want to date, just because they want to. And no one is entitled to be accepted by everyone. It doesn't work like that.

20,722 posts, read 16,423,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloroberts View Post
I don't get why this upsets you so much. Look, some people are compatible, and some aren't. The kindest thing I can do for both of us is to finish with her. That way she can find someone who is suitable for her, and I can be free to find someone who is suitable for me. Think of all the people out there who are together and unfulfilled because they aren't meant to be together, and get some perspective. Three years is quite some time, but compared to a decade or more, it's not that long.
The point is that YOU made her incompatible...you were apparently doing just fine together...then you found out something you didn't like that was in her PAST. Then you quickly pulled together a few convenient "correlations" that a "promiscuous" woman couldn't be faithful even though she has been with you for 3 years. Or are you know saying she MUST have been unfaithful, given her past? Your lack of emotion and any anguish at all says you never really cared for her, or that you simply view her as garbage now and not worth another thought regardless of the positives you experienced together....well, one more explanation is that you could be a tr0ll but we're not supposed to say that anymore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.