Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,683 times

Advertisements

Just wonder how many people, especially man agree with NO SEX before marriage.
Does it matter to marry a virgin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 05:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
No thanks.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:00 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Moderator cut: post was removed

If people choose not to have sex before Marriage there is nothing wrong with it and it does not mean they will be unhappy all of their lives.
There are still those who believe that sex is sacred and should be shared with the person you marry not some yutz they met in a bar for a one night stand.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-20-2015 at 07:13 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 06:05 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times

If people choose to wait until marriage for sex for religious reasons that's their choice. It's only a fairy tale to YOU, not them. You don't want anyone to judge you, so don't judge them. Saying they deserve unhappiness is uncalled for. Not every body is easily satisfied with sexual encouters that are just casual or with random people. As for the OP, I'm not waiting for marriage, don't really care to do so.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-20-2015 at 07:14 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 06:08 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,777 times

OP, this topic has been beaten to death on this forum like a dead horse. Everyone's personal belief systems come into play and so you will never get a consensus, although our time/age is increasingly hypersexual in nature and b/c of breakdown of certain( moral, religious, and social barriers), sex before marriage has become more socially acceptable and common..., than let's say, 50 years ago.

Don't expect to get guidance here, if that's what you're looking for.

As to the poster above, he/she has other issues clearly.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-20-2015 at 07:14 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 06:28 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,836 times
I do know one man in his 40's who is deeply religious and intends on waiting until marriage.
His choice. What I find odd about him is his frequent joking anything pertaining to sex.

For me no, my biggest fear would be not being sexually compatible with my SO waiting until marriage

Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
I did it once, regretted it the whole time.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:39 AM

229 posts, read 244,564 times
So I apparently struck a nerve with the religion thing...

So do enlighten me, what reasons BESIDES religion would one have for not having sex before marriage??

I thought it was ALL about religion when it came to this? I am obviously anti-religion, to each his own I guess, but I can't think of any VALID reason to deprive yourself of pleasure

Especially this whole "in the name of x..." thing

Old 04-20-2015, 06:41 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
So do enlighten me, what reasons BESIDES religion would one have for not having sex before marriage??
That's an easy one... personal choice.

People still have the right to a personal choice... that's all the reason you or anyone needs and should respect.

And no.. I'm not a religious person... I'm an atheist who believes that the world is full of colorful people who have a right to live the way they choose to.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:46 AM

229 posts, read 244,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
That's an easy one... personal choice.

People still have the right to a personal choice... that's all the reason you or anyone needs and should respect.

And no.. I'm not a religious person... I'm an atheist who believes that the world is full of colorful people who have a right to live the way they choose to.
But that's what I am getting at...

Sure, it's a personal choice to like BMW's versus Ford's, or pink vs blue, coke vs pepsi, or whatever.

But what personal reason would living of their own free will one come up with to not want to have sex?

It just does not make sense to me. Usually you have to TRY something before you decide you don't like it.

At least something not dangerous or illegal (see: drugs, or some dangerous activity). I don't think sex falls under this. It's a natural act that all normal people do.

You don't willingly deprive yourself of pleasure unless compelled by some "faith" thing or belief system influenced by some "faith" thing...

And don't say "morality", those answers are almost always thinly veiled excuses hiding behind religion of some sort
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships