Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 12:51 PM

229 posts, read 245,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Are you going to watch her get the IUD inserted as well?
I might put it in myself, I am sure there are youtube videos which show how to do it...

But again, someone here is missing the point.

The point was about the WOMAN not wanting to have sex before marriage, not the GUY dealing with the ramifications

BTW, what if she gets pregnant after marriage and one of them dont want the kid?

Did I just blow your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 12:53 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,474,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
I might put it in myself, I am sure there are youtube videos which show how to do it...

But again, someone here is missing the point.

The point was about the WOMAN not wanting to have sex before marriage, not the GUY dealing with the ramifications

BTW, what if she gets pregnant after marriage and one of them dont want the kid?

Did I just blow your mind?
lol
Dr. T has arrived ladies and gentlemen

Old 04-20-2015, 12:53 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,062,378 times
Quote:
So you use a rubber, insist she use birth control pills (watch her take them), make her get an IUD, etc

If she says no, you dont have sex with her as the guy. This whole line of questioning was from the Woman's perspective as her deciding not to have sex, not from a guy.

Where are you going with this?

If she does not want to have an abortion, that's a whole other argument, and I am sure there are ways to convince her, or deal with it
I wasn't going anywhere further with it. However, if it needs to be spelled out... assuming an abortion is an obvious option and fail safe, as a man, is completely niave.

Ways to deal with it? What, are you going to hire a hit man to go to her place and knock her off if she refuses? What "ways" to deal with a pregnant woman who refuses to get an abortion would you suggest?

Usually the way to deal with it following this kind of attitude is to prepare to be ordered to hand over those support payments.

If we want to keep this on the perspective of the woman, then she may want to avoid premarital sex to avoid this kind of an argument with a guy like you, so she doesn't have to deal with your "ways" to deal with it.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:06 PM

9,229 posts, read 6,391,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Are you going to watch her get the IUD inserted as well?
Break out the popcorn...

Old 04-20-2015, 01:08 PM

229 posts, read 245,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Ways to deal with it? What, are you going to hire a hit man to go to her place and knock her off if she refuses?
I would never suggest murder, please do not put words in my mouth...

Old 04-20-2015, 01:15 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,062,378 times
Quote:
I would never suggest murder, please do not put words in my mouth...

So what are these easy ways? I have seen posters/people complain before because their gf refuses to get an abortion.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:10 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,207,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Folks seem to completely disregard emotions as a reason to hold out on sex.

Some people can't or won't seperate the two. Some folks overhype it, while others don't see it as anything more than a pleasurable act between two people.

Neither mindset is wrong or right.
Agree here. Saying sex is just sex is ignorant. Ignorant to use as a blanket statement. Some get very emotional when it comes to sex. You have women, sexually active, and always managed to get attached to a guy after sleeping with him. The guy will treat her like complete trash, but she stays because she's d sprung. Sex, for many people, can be very bonding, and sadly, they stay in a relationship with the wrong person because of it. They "love him." Ok. What about him do you love when he treats you like trash, or acts like he's indifferent to you. It can't be his sweetness and loving nature lol

But how hot he is, plus how great he makes you feel during sex, can have someone thinking it's love. "They wouldn't make me feel this way if it wasn't love." Sex can cause people to become enamored with someone. That's why some wait, It avoids heartache, and potentially falling for, and wasting time with, the wrong person. So, some build an emotional connection 1st and try to establish friendship and/or love before they sleep with someone. Rather than anyone being influenced by how they look naked, or what they do to them in bed. Great sex can cause some to wear the rose glasses.

Like the girl I always use for example.
Spoiler
The guy treated her ok for a while. But as time wore on, he slowly got more and more cold with her. When she wants to just hang out and talk, he nags for oral. When she messages him, he sometimes will ignore her. They talk on the phone, he asks her to come strip for his friends because it'd be hot. She says he likes calling her degrading names during sex, and filming it.

She's been with this guy almost 2 years. He had a girlfriend when she met him. They broke up, around 1 year into the affair, and he tells her he still doesn't want to date her. And she says even with no girlfriend, he didn't make much time for her. Now, he's talking to some new girl. She's upset, because she loves this guy. But I am wondering what is there to love? Other than he's hot and she likes the sex. Because that's all he gives her. He doesn't give her any love, friendship, or respect, unless she's pissed and he's trying to get booty. The he'll nag and promise to be nice. That lasts for around a week or so, and back to ignoring her again. She's in Law school, and feels accomplished with herself. She says he never graduated from college, and isn't that smart. Then outright said it's hard to find things to talk about and do because the only connection they really have is sex.

She seems like a perfect example of a woman who's d sprung. This girl is possible a mix of d sprung and prideful. She's really arrogant it seems. So she's enamored with this guy, and won't leave because of that, and plus she can't bear to admit he didn't want her and instead dated 2 "ugly", as she says, women over her., someone who is hot, and in law school. I can't figure out what about this guy she loves. She says she loves him, but all she ever does is whine about him, and talk about how bad he treats her, and that they have nothing in common.

Sex can do that to people, men and women both. Just seems women are more vulnerable to it. That's why some wait. Is waiting 100% guaranteed to work out well? No. That comes with risks. Because nothing is 100%. So you have to conduct yourself in the best way you see fit. Some feel waiting is the best option for them. They don't want to have sex with a stranger, or with someone who's just using them to get off. Some find it better to have great sex with a partner who is actually respectful and interested outside of it.

It's a matter of different beliefs, and not everyone who believes in waiting is religious. They are waiting for their own emotional reasons. Just like how some religious people don't wait. lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 04-20-2015 at 03:30 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 06:34 PM

513 posts, read 430,439 times
Um... does it really matter if people want to stay virgins and save it for that special someone? Not everyone has to have sex right away. What people do with their bodies is their OWN BUSINESS. Not yours. I don't care what other people do in their lives. I personally would like to wait for a guy to truly be in love with me, and I him.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:15 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,387,962 times
Not happening. Life is too short to be waiting for one of life's enjoyable pleasures.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:11 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,660,777 times
How could anyone consider marrying a person without knowing whether or not the two of you are sexually compatible? Unless you are prepared to divorce in the event you learn you aren't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships