Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:31 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,930,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
lol

why does everyone treat sex like it's the eighth enigma of the world?

It's sex. People need to stop putting all these expectations, trepidation and reverence into something that is absolutely normal, mundane and typical. Sex isn't this monumental occurrence; it's sex and it comes with consequences, satisfaction and enjoyment (if you do it right ) just like everything else we like doing in life.

I swear, the way some adults talk about sex, it's like this ethereal "hallelujah" moment. It's really not.

Have sex whenever you want, when you're ready to do it, because that's what you're supposed to do. But half of you will finally realize how ridiculous some of these opinions on sex are lol.
bing bing bing...we have a winner

men...there is more to a woman than her vag
women: your vag isn't some special prize

get over it...enjoy your bodies RESPONSIBLY for the VERY SHORT time you have them
I am 46...If I could go back to 26, I would have sex a lot more...and I was VERY active them days...

a 26 year old penis is MUCH more fun than a 46 year old penis...er...that sounds bad but you get my meaning LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 11:01 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,743,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Really, it is sex so why do so many get so upset because "he took my virginity"?

The truth of the entire sexual issue is that some things are right for some and other things are right for others.

More than half of us have known for years how "ridiculous" some of these opinions about sex are and we haven't been new to the sexual arena for many years.
The issues regarding sex come from those who are inexperienced and the ones who talk the most about sex have the least active sex lives. (this is not a blanket statement and I have no idea if there are studies about it either and don't really care enough to look it up. this is personal knowledge/experience)
Folks seem to completely disregard emotions as a reason to hold out on sex.

Some people can't or won't seperate the two. Some folks overhype it, while others don't see it as anything more than a pleasurable act between two people.

Neither mindset is wrong or right.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:19 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
No sex before marriage = no relationship with Dissenter. My theory is if a woman refuses to have sex before marriage, please believe she will not open up and have a normal sex life after marriage because in her mind sex is something to be ashamed of. This is certainly true if they are religious in particular.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:38 AM

9,229 posts, read 6,387,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
But that's what I am getting at...

Sure, it's a personal choice to like BMW's versus Ford's, or pink vs blue, coke vs pepsi, or whatever.

But what personal reason would living of their own free will one come up with to not want to have sex?

It just does not make sense to me. Usually you have to TRY something before you decide you don't like it.

At least something not dangerous or illegal (see: drugs, or some dangerous activity). I don't think sex falls under this. It's a natural act that all normal people do.

You don't willingly deprive yourself of pleasure unless compelled by some "faith" thing or belief system influenced by some "faith" thing...

And don't say "morality", those answers are almost always thinly veiled excuses hiding behind religion of some sort
What about diseases and unplanned fertilization and pregnancies? Are these not dangers?

Old 04-20-2015, 11:44 AM

896 posts, read 1,478,829 times
What is with the namby pamby "let people make their own choices" pansy crap? This is America. I say we pass a law. No virgins.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:00 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,648,916 times
Some people prefer an emotional connection before having sex.

Some people dont believe that connection is strong enough without a marriage.

Im not one of those folks who believe the latter, but I do have difficulty enjoying the experience with some stranger wearing a condom and on birth control just because its fun (and having paranoid sex isnt fun, imo). Maybe some people feel marriage is some type of insurance against being used for sex, illegitimate children, sexually transmitted diseases and single motherhood, that gives them pleasure of enjoying au naturale sex. I don't agree with that line of logic, but I understand individuals are different for different reasons with different life experiences, so I wouldnt bash their choice.

Any relationship I get into where the man wants to wait, I would respect that if we love each other. I can't imagine walking out on a truly amazing guy who prefers to marry me before laying me. But I would equally not walk out on someone who prefers not to wait, as long as the emotional connection is there, which is more important, more enjoyable and more satisfying than just the sex, imo.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:06 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,371,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
No sex before marriage = no relationship with Dissenter. My theory is if a woman refuses to have sex before marriage, please believe she will not open up and have a normal sex life after marriage because in her mind sex is something to be ashamed of. This is certainly true if they are religious in particular.
not necessarily. I had a guy complain to me his gf only likes one position during sex. How often, I don't know. Not my business. I think he was trying to look for some side action and I told him that his crappy sex life with his gf was none of my business.

Has that happened to you Dissenter?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:06 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,473,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
But that's what I am getting at...

Sure, it's a personal choice to like BMW's versus Ford's, or pink vs blue, coke vs pepsi, or whatever.

But what personal reason would living of their own free will one come up with to not want to have sex?

It just does not make sense to me. Usually you have to TRY something before you decide you don't like it.

At least something not dangerous or illegal (see: drugs, or some dangerous activity). I don't think sex falls under this. It's a natural act that all normal people do.

You don't willingly deprive yourself of pleasure unless compelled by some "faith" thing or belief system influenced by some "faith" thing...

And don't say "morality", those answers are almost always thinly veiled excuses hiding behind religion of some sort
It's not a matter of like or don't like...it's not even a black or white issue
Someone waiting to have sex doesn't have to be a "deprivation" or "missing out"

That's you placing your standard of ideal on others reflecting back on to your perception on the matter

Old 04-20-2015, 12:24 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,118,792 times
I don't understand. Why does anyone care what anyone else is or is not doing with their sex lives? Does it impact your life if Joe Schmoe who lives down the block or Mary Sunshine who lives on the 2nd floor are waiting to have sex until they get married? Who Cares?!? I don't understand why the topic of premarital sex causes such an emotional response in people that they feel the need to call people names and demean them and insult them. I truly don't understand why it even warrants discussion.

Personally I don't care what anyone decides to do with their sex life. Wait, don't wait, do whatever because it has exactly zero effect on how I live my own life. People who freak out so completely about it like I've seen here need to stop, breathe, and stay out of other peoples bedrooms.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:25 PM

229 posts, read 245,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
What about diseases and unplanned fertilization and pregnancies? Are these not dangers?
STD's are and pregnancies are 100% avoidable with proper protection...

And if some pesky sperm gets through, abortion...

"unplanned fertilization" <--- really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships