Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 09:49 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,313,677 times

Advertisements

I'll bet she gives it up to some other guy within a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 09:49 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,790,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrp View Post
What would you all think of this of my situation? Would like some insights. I don't know what to think now. Was this waiting all for nothing?

We met during our sophomore year of HS, several weeks before my 16th d-day (now I'm 20). Anyway it was her decision to wait until finishing college, which would have been within 2 yrs from now.

She recently dumped me for no other reason than wanting to see others and how she wasn't feeling the same anymore. Awesome so I wasted all this time only to have this in return. I really thought she was joking and did asked her twice if this was some type of mean joke, but she serious.

I'm very upset and shocked too. I'm not so much into religion myself but I did it for her, saving myself in the process (she met me a virgin too, which I'm still am). I'm mad. I did all this for nothing.
I'm sorry about your situation...but you know what? You're young, and still very young, at that.

So things didn't work out with her and in the end you two didn't have sex...it's not the end of the world. You'll realize that when one love-interest opportunity closes, another will always open..

And how exactly have you "wasted all this time?"

If sex with her was the only thing you wanted, then I can understand how you would say this. But if you loved or cared for her and valued your relationship, then obviously it wasn't wasted time.

You sound hurt and are lashing out., as a result.

Take some time to recooperate, get things into perspective, and to move on with your life. Being angry, bitter, or resentful will only make things worse...

Old 04-21-2015, 09:51 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'll bet she gives it up to some other guy within a few months.

She's probably already had some. Lets not be silly.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:08 AM

2,826 posts, read 4,006,251 times
Lol you're only 20. You're going to get a mad at women a lot more, trust me.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:15 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrp View Post
What would you all think of this of my situation? Would like some insights. I don't know what to think now. Was this waiting all for nothing?

We met during our sophomore year of HS, several weeks before my 16th d-day (now I'm 20). Anyway it was her decision to wait until finishing college, which would have been within 2 yrs from now.

She recently dumped me for no other reason than wanting to see others and how she wasn't feeling the same anymore. Awesome so I wasted all this time only to have this in return. I really thought she was joking and did asked her twice if this was some type of mean joke, but she serious.

I'm very upset and shocked too. I'm not so much into religion myself but I did it for her, saving myself in the process (she met me a virgin too, which I'm still am). I'm mad. I did all this for nothing.
That sucks. Take however time you need to process it. In the meantime, do something for yourself.

3,138 posts, read 2,790,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Lol you're only 20. You're going to get a mad at women a lot more, trust me.
lol!!!

Hey!!!

783 posts, read 852,804 times
Your young so take this as a learning lesson. Story book romances where we fall in love with our HS sweet heart and end up spending the rest of our lives together are a thing of the past. The virgin until marriage era has long been over. You wouldn't be doing yourself a favor by getting into one and only one relationship for your entire life. Better that it happens now then later.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dude was like 16 at the start. Trying to indict him for being focused on sex doesn't make sense. If that was the case, indict 90% of the male teen population (and a healthy dose of the female teen population as well).
Also, he's only 20, he still has a lot of maturing to do. (I didn't really mature until 28-29 ish, and I still have a ways to go)

Hey, Chrp, don't take any attacks personally. But the main point is, it happens, you'll move on. It might not seem that way. The only thing to do now is to try your best forget about her. Don't necessarily go out and meet people if you're not ready to, but do things for yourself and find ways to enjoy your life by yourself, before you know, you might meet a woman that wants to be with you. Don't put a time limit on anything, you'll never know when it comes together.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Can't agree with that, at all. Almost no one remains a virgin until marriage, even the most fundamental Christians and baptists (saw that first hand) in the bible belt.

They say they do, then they meet someone that knocks their socks off, and that "waiting" is thrown right the heck out. I was a virgin, dating a virgin, senior year in high school... the "expectation" wasn't that we were going to have sex, but we were young, in love, and hot for each other. So of course we did. It's natural.

I never said anything is "shocking" here, at all. But indicting the dude for wanting sex is silly. And yeah, most girls I knew wanted to "wait" while in high school. Precious precious few didn't have sex before the end of high school. They all were like "WTF was I thinking" after.
Might as well indict water for being wet...

But in all seriousness... especially a teenage boy, going into his twenties. He's still dealing with his hormones. Granted, I'm not necessarily taking his side, but...

C,mon.

I see it as a learning experience. I've personally made worse mistakes growing up than that. He might have made worse mistakes growing up, but whatever.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:36 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,410,418 times
I cant believe you were going to wait 6 long grueling years passing up prime tale over one woman; sigh

Anyways, count this as a blessing. You're in college and theres plenty of college women who have no idea what waiting is.

Now get to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships