Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 09:39 AM

765 posts, read 988,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrp View Post
What would you all think of this of my situation? Would like some insights. I don't know what to think now. Was this waiting all for nothing?

We met during our sophomore year of HS, several weeks before my 16th d-day (now I'm 20). Anyway it was her decision to wait until finishing college, which would have been within 2 yrs from now.

She recently dumped me for no other reason than wanting to see others and how she wasn't feeling the same anymore. Awesome so I wasted all this time only to have this in return. I really thought she was joking and did asked her twice if this was some type of mean joke, but she serious.

I'm very upset and shocked too. I'm not so much into religion myself but I did it for her, saving myself in the process (she met me a virgin too, which I'm still am). I'm mad. I did all this for nothing.
This is why I dont date religious people or wait long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 08:11 AM

5 posts, read 3,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
You lashed out with hurtful comments when you did not get your way. Clearly in consideration of your own hurt with little consideration for her position - feelings - or hurt. If this is the kind of person you are then perhaps this is a good starting point of exploration as to where things went wrong. And no - alcohol is not an excuse - before we go down that road.
No, it was because I was too hurt to think what I was saying at that moment.

Besides, I did want to call to apologize but she didn't pick up. Yes, I'm going to give her the space she wants but it doesn't mean I'm not still hurt. I'm not in the mood for hardly anything.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:19 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,435,428 times
Quote:
No, it was because I was too hurt to think what I was saying at that moment.
That is essentially what I was saying just put in a different way. You lashed out thinking only of your own hurt with little consideration for the position or emotions of the other. There is little excuse for this - certainly not alcohol. In fact I hope you take this as a sign that this is not a time in your life when you should be engaging with alcohol at all.

We all get hurt in life. It is up to us to mediate what we do in those moments - not to use that hurt to attempt to justify acting poorly and letting ourselves down.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:19 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,837,221 times
Going forward, try to keep your dignity. Don't call or text her anymore.

It's over so you need to accept that. Take some time to lick your wounds, and keep looking forward. You might feel like you "wasted four years" now, but in time you'll be able to look back and see it differently.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,934,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Heartache, frustration, disappointment, whatever same thing. God, is everyone going to cross-examine my posts just because of wording?! !
probably, just something you have to live with on an internet forum.

Quote:
Even when I was 16, I knew I wanted her in my life and was willing to wait as much as she wanted. Whether I was a bf or married to her, I wanted her.
once you learn that ALL relationships are temporary by nature, you will figure a way to prepare yourself for the inevitable break up, and you will learn to move on.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:00 AM

37,162 posts, read 42,323,670 times
Tinder is your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships