Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 10:37 AM

11,812 posts, read 12,062,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Also, he's only 20, he still has a lot of maturing to do. (I didn't really mature until 28-29 ish, and I still have a ways to go)

Hey, Chrp, don't take any attacks personally. But the main point is, it happens, you'll move on. It might not seem that way. The only thing to do now is to try your best forget about her. Don't necessarily go out and meet people if you're not ready to, but do things for yourself and find ways to enjoy your life by yourself, before you know, you might meet a woman that wants to be with you. Don't put a time limit on anything, you'll never know when it comes together.
Good advice. I'd also add not to sleep with the first girl that crosses your path. You don't need to wait years but IMO, it's still worth sharing that moment with someone you care about, not just a warm body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 11:10 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,947,412 times
You learned a life lesson. Now you know better than to ever date anyone again who is one of those 'wait til marriage' types. So it wasn't a total waste.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,929,198 times
go out and get LAID NOW
16 is a bit young to be losing your V...but 20 is too frickin old to be a V
Take the wrapping off and use it

lesson to all...if you are "waiting" for someone, it is perfectly fine and legal to bang something else on the side until the prude comes around...tell your friends...

Old 04-21-2015, 11:45 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,801,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dude was like 16 at the start. Trying to indict him for being focused on sex doesn't make sense. If that was the case, indict 90% of the male teen population (and a healthy dose of the female teen population as well).
Thank you!

Old 04-21-2015, 12:08 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,976,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That sucks. Take however time you need to process it. In the meantime, do something for yourself.
Get a hold of your self!!

That's not what I meant but it might help.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
go out and get LAID NOW

lesson to all...if you are "waiting" for someone, it is perfectly fine and legal to bang something else on the side until the prude comes around...tell your friends...

Be sure to put a different type of wrap on. Please.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,976,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
go out and get LAID NOW

Heck of a pick up line...

"I was saving myself for my virgin girlfriend who dumped me. Would you like to be my first?" Lol!

Old 04-21-2015, 12:49 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,406,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Can't agree with that, at all. Almost no one remains a virgin until marriage, even the most fundamental Christians and baptists (saw that first hand) in the bible belt.

They say they do, then they meet someone that knocks their socks off, and that "waiting" is thrown right the heck out. I was a virgin, dating a virgin, senior year in high school... the "expectation" wasn't that we were going to have sex, but we were young, in love, and hot for each other. So of course we did. It's natural.

I never said anything is "shocking" here, at all. But indicting the dude for wanting sex is silly. And yeah, most girls I knew wanted to "wait" while in high school. Precious precious few didn't have sex before the end of high school. They all were like "WTF was I thinking" after.
I don't think he is wrong to want sex. Wanting it from someone who doesn't is the issue. Lots of girls have sex in HS and college. I would say the ones who don't are in the minority.

I see no reason to wait it out so long if it's important to him. I would have to,d him that at 16,17,18,19,and 20.

It's the same thing I tell my friends who are with a man who won't commit to marriage. They keep putting it off. I tell my friends, if it is so important to you then break it off and find someone else. That's with any large decision. (Sex, marriage, cohabitation, monogamy, babies, etc...)

Last edited by Meyerland; 04-21-2015 at 01:09 PM..

Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I don't think he is wrong to want sex. Wanting it from someone who doesn't is the issue. Lots of girls have sex in HS and college. I would say the ones who don't are in the minority.
And yeah, that is the issue. An issue most of us have had. I've wanted to have sex with more than a few women that didn't feel the same way... especially when young. Now spending 4 years...

Almost all do. The stats show that pretty clearly.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:59 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,916,002 times
It's just hypergamy.

Better you found out now rather than later with a house, child support and alimony involved.

Congratulations: You just dodged a bullet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships