Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 01:04 PM

461 posts, read 923,977 times

Advertisements

So you just made a bunch of dumb decisions and now you're blaming her? Not to mention you guys are super young and it's not odd that she'd want to check out other options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 01:07 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,647,789 times
If you truly didnt want to wait, then you shouldve followed your true intentions. If waiting was your true intention out of love for her, then its not a waste. See the good side of this is that you were dedicated for what you thought was the best reason, so that shows what kind of person you are. Its only a waste if you were only anticipating sex the whole time, which I doubt since four years is a looooonnnnng time. Be glad you were a good boyfriend and enjoyed time together, so now you can be free to grieve for a while and hopefully find love with someone else afterwards.

She didnt make you wait, you chose to wait because you respected her boundaries. Good. Now you know in the future that if you want to have sex, then you should go ahead and find someone else who does, too.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,903,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrp View Post
What would you all think of this of my situation? Would like some insights. I don't know what to think now. Was this waiting all for nothing?

We met during our sophomore year of HS, several weeks before my 16th d-day (now I'm 20). Anyway it was her decision to wait until finishing college, which would have been within 2 yrs from now.

She recently dumped me for no other reason than wanting to see others and how she wasn't feeling the same anymore. Awesome so I wasted all this time only to have this in return. I really thought she was joking and did asked her twice if this was some type of mean joke, but she serious.

I'm very upset and shocked too. I'm not so much into religion myself but I did it for her, saving myself in the process (she met me a virgin too, which I'm still am). I'm mad. I did all this for nothing.
cry me a bloody river. its time for you to grow a pair and understand that you gained knowledge over the years she went with you. besides you shouldnt be having sex until both of you are ready for it, and she wasnt ready. dont like? tough. its time to move on to someone else.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:48 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,835,371 times
I feel pretty confident in saying that your ex-girlfriend isn't doubting her choice to wait.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:51 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,333,155 times
Her decision to wait may have prevented an unwanted baby that neither of them was ready for.
She is not to blame for her decision, it is her body and her choice.
If he was so anxious to have sex with someone he should have found someone else.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:00 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,469,543 times
I wanted a puppy, but got a cat instead.
I hate the fact my cat still hasnt learned how to bark.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:37 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,407,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
It's just hypergamy.

Better you found out now rather than later with a house, child support and alimony involved.

Congratulations: You just dodged a bullet.
How is it hypergamy? just curious.

Hypergamy is the practice of marrying "up".

Are you thinking that, because she might have dumped him for someone she deems better? If that's the case just about everyone has had an experience with this.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:49 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,222,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrp View Post
I did all this for nothing.
Good. The fact that you see a relationship as completely worthless unless you're getting your rocks off means you aren't mature enough to handle sex, anyway.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:58 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,450,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You should be mad at yourself since you went along with it. You should have waited 3-4 months tops, then dump her if she still wanted to wait.
A 16 year old minor who is still in HS doesn't have to "put out" based on your or any other timeline.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:08 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
A 16 year old minor who is still in HS doesn't have to "put out" based on your or any other timeline.
My suggestion was for the NOW 20 year old guy. Make his feelings regarding sex clear and up front. At 20 and being in college he is now more likely to find a girl who has a more suitable attitude to him regarding sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships