Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 03:01 PM

11,169 posts, read 8,012,811 times

Advertisements

While looks may not be the criteria in and of themselves, nothing wrong with taking a hot guy for a test drive if for nothing more than the halibut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 3,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?
I do have a friend who (being an experimental sort) put a picture and good profile up of a plain looking older guy on plenty of fish and then put a picture up of an older male model (circa 2000) and a profile which said practically nothing but a few generic clichés and guess who got ignored and guess who got about 200 flirts and letters a day throwing themselves at him and or "congratulating" him on his looks (as if "he" had anything to do with it).

So after witnessing the evidence, I am a believer.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:46 PM

148 posts, read 132,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?
You probably got blasted by half the board already, but i'm going to throw in my two cents anyway. Attraction is key; without that, you aren't getting past just being friends. No one is going to take romantic interest (or at best, very few) in you without being attracted to how you look physically. However, physical attraction is just one thing. Next comes personality and prospects, which can change how someone feel about and view you. Hygiene and social skills are also extremely important, and are key to remaining attractive to someone. Fellow board members will tell you that these traits, amongst others, are what going to matter in the long run. In the end though, remember, first impressions are lasting impressions, so make sure you look good. People naturally gravitate towards things that look like diamonds(aka beautiful).

Old 05-11-2015, 06:08 AM

326 posts, read 409,860 times
Looks aren't everything. I did not find my ex BF of 5 years physically attractive BUT he's very intelligent, kind and we shared the same values. I can get past the looks if the man has the important qualities that I like.

I know an attractive guy in his 40s that hasn't had a real relationship in almost 2 decades. My friend told me that he's so into himself that he does not even bother to please his partner in bed. I would rather be alone than be with a good looking guy with that kind of ego.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:40 AM

51,100 posts, read 36,804,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about this. Not everyone reacts the same. What is an "alpha male", anyway?
To me justin Bieber is pretty boy type, rugged alpha type would be Joe Manganella (Alcide the hot werewolf on True Blood and Sophia Vergara's fiancée). I definitely love the alpha looks.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:26 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,178,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie183 View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Before I was married, I had dated men who I thought were attractive, but my friends thought they were not. My friends dated people who they found attractive and I did not find them attractive at all.

For example: A friend of mine married a woman who was way older than him and had 3 bratty kids. She was about 180 lbs. overweight, had a stomach that hung down to her knees, a face that could stop a clock, and she smelled. She dressed like she was 80 and had 2 outfits that she wore over and over again with rubber flip flops. (Even in winter) She was on welfare when he met her. To top it off, she did drugs and he knew it! He was young, and gorgeous with a good job and many female admirers. He could have had his pick of beautiful women and he chose her. Everyone was shocked. They had a child and were together quite a few years before her drug use eventually killed her.

And that's just one example. Like I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
He wasn't with her because he found her beautiful (he didn't). He was with her because she was a TOTAL FREAK in bed.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,178,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Men, on the other hand, are more impressed by the body (and/or face) than by how it's kitted out.
This is because we have every intention of seeing that body naked. The clothes, shoes, and makeup are like wrapping paper on a birthday present.

OTOH, I think women read a great deal into how a man dresses and grooms himself.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:12 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,952,548 times
The OP is exactly correct. Women are just as much into looks as any guy, unless they are into a guy with money, or better yet, a guy with both. They're just as superficial as men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships