Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 10:59 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,756,864 times

Advertisements

This is getting so old.

If women seem to bother you so much....leave us alone and stop complaining.

Very simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 11:02 AM

609 posts, read 617,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
This AGAIN?????

Jeez, some of these men really are out there in their thinking about women.

And yet wonder why they can't get a date.
If you cannot get a date, take a very close look at yourself.
Do you need to lose weight?
Do you need to dress better?
Do you have good hygiene?
Do you even approach women?
Are you pursuing women who are out of your league?
Are you nice to women? If you're a misogynist, they will smell it from a mile away.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:02 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,744,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?
Not until you explain to me why attractive, fit, successful still-desirable women have to be cut out of "the game" just on account of their age. Forty-something age men, no spring chickens themselves seem to think that being involved with a mature woman, say..more mature than themselves (ten years older) would be so highly unpleasant. If the woman is healthy and has held onto her looks, she has a lot to offer emotionally and intellectually also.

The absolute and ugly truth is this. Men have their biases too. But they only seem to be aware of it or sensitive to it, when the bias is turned on them.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:04 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,416,702 times
Quote:
on my other post, women seem to say they are not into look like that:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/psych...arused-14.html
A naked man is very different than his overall look.
Until you understand the difference you will never understand.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:04 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,202,084 times
Quote:
ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?
So all guys currently in relationships are above-average looking?

Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 AM

102,314 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
It's more common to be about looks in the teens, and for some, into the college years, until women realize that doesn't work. They usually learn pretty quickly from experience that going for looks can lead them down the wrong path, if they don't already know that innately.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 AM

20,463 posts, read 14,797,918 times
I think another problem with this is when online dating comes into it. If I'm meeting people in person, I can get a better feel for other aspects of the chemistry equation. If I'm browsing profiles on the internet, a pic that doesn't show me exactly what I want to see gets the "nope." Too young? Too old? Too normal? Too military? Too gangsta? Nope, nope, nope.

But then I just started looking at this stuff, and I'm not thirsty enough to really need it...just kind of bored. It's not even really relevant in my life yet at this point. The first guy to try to talk to me looks old enough to be my Grandfather. Nope.

Guys are probably on there like, "She's not a beast, I'd hit it." Girls are like, "He must be in my desired age range, and have this very particular list of traits, or I'm ignoring him utterly." Although I'm sure there are a heap of exceptions to that, I can see it being that way. I can also see my profile not existing for very long. Like I said I'm just messing around with it out of boredom at the moment...

Old 05-05-2015, 11:43 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,434,321 times
Quote:
Some women also hold out on the fact that the more we know a guy, the more handsome he becomes to us when we learn more about who he is, irregardless of his exterior.

That is why intimacy is unique.

If we truly all were a bunch of programmed stupid drones made to fall for every GQ looking guy, then we'd all might just as well live an artificial life.

For guys who solely focus on their looks to get by without much to offer, say a funny sense of humor and a kind heart, I'd rather buy a battery operated boyfriend to satisfy myself.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:40 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,240,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This is getting so old.

If women seem to bother you so much....leave us alone and stop complaining.

Very simple.
Thank you. It's like people create these threads thinking they are somehow going to change an entire gender to conform to what they think that gender should be--namely falling all over them--or else they will cut the entire gender down. This is what happens when people lack the skills in critical thinking necessary for taking people as individuals and not generalizing as though dealing with Borg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So all guys currently in relationships are above-average looking?
Yes. And they all walk around naked, arusing women.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:24 PM

6 posts, read 12,251 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Before I was married, I had dated men who I thought were attractive, but my friends thought they were not. My friends dated people who they found attractive and I did not find them attractive at all.

For example: A friend of mine married a woman who was way older than him and had 3 bratty kids. She was about 180 lbs. overweight, had a stomach that hung down to her knees, a face that could stop a clock, and she smelled. She dressed like she was 80 and had 2 outfits that she wore over and over again with rubber flip flops. (Even in winter) She was on welfare when he met her. To top it off, she did drugs and he knew it! He was young, and gorgeous with a good job and many female admirers. He could have had his pick of beautiful women and he chose her. Everyone was shocked. They had a child and were together quite a few years before her drug use eventually killed her.

And that's just one example. Like I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships