Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 01:42 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Women bang good looking men for sport, but when they want to settle down, they find someone with a good job and lots of money, they get their fill of good looking losers in their "oat sewing" days but when it comes time to seal the deal, they marry a rich guy, even if he's humble looking.
Your father was a rich guy, I presume?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Of course women want an attractive guy.

Nothing wrong with that.

In a perfect world all of them would admit it.

But we live in a very imperfect world.

Most women one thing but behave in the complete opposite manner.

The ones that say physical attraction is not on the top of their list are probably over 40 and have been divorced or single for a very long time.

Fellas if you aren't happy with your physique....hit the gym.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:50 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Lol, here we go, again.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:46 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
on my other post, women seem to say they are not into look like that:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/psych...arused-14.html
Any predictions on the number of threads you'll have to produce before you get the answer you want?

Old 05-05-2015, 04:12 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Go ask them.

Pretty guy types?! High school?! Lol.

Even though it's not the answer you want, ... For me, I need to be attracted to both his looks and his personality/ brain.. And it's always been that way for me. If he can't hold a conversation .....- then the rest doesn't matter.
Gotta go with this it takes balance. Looks aren't all that matter, but it's a start and I need to find him decent-looking. Next personality. If we have nothing in common, no chemistry or he's a jerk, controlling, etc. Not gonna work. He could have a great persona but if I find him unattractive, still won't work because I am probably not gonna want to kiss and have sex with someone I don't even care to look at. lol But again, just because I find the guy hot doesn't mean I am getting wet for him. If he finds me good-looking and I in turn find him good-looking, that's the start. Now we're both going to the interview, if we both pass that and are still holding one another's interest, we'll date more and sex will happen at some point. The feelings just don't turn on instantly for some women.

Sounds harsh, but for relationships, most people want nice looks + nice personality. Women and men are, many times, opposite in sex regard as well.

Like how men, I hear from guys, some, will sleep with a butterface woman, or even one they don't find attractive at all. But they won't be dating her anytime soon because she's not that good-looking.

Then some women will sleep with that hot guy with the eck personality, but won't date him, because they'd have nothing in common and the guy's character is of no interest.

Some men and women are both capable of casual sex. Same way some men and women don't care for it, and prefer a connection 1st. But for those who do like casual sex, many will have a "sex type" and a potential "date type."

So what's your agenda? if you're insecure because you're not hot, then don't hate on women. Work on yourself and make yourself attractive. Then some women will like you, and some probably will not. But everyone usually wants someone that is good-looking to them. Unless they have started to get desperate. The sooner you understand that, the less hateful you get. That's their taste. Everybody won't love/like you. Understandable it would hurt your pride a bit, but no sense getting bent out of shape because your looks aren't in someone's taste. Means you weren't meant to have anything with that person.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:58 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women are just as into looks if not more then men are.
this
problem is they are programmed to seek out the best provider...i.e....fattest wallet...this aint ALWAYS condusive to good looks

so they marry money and hump the hot dude on the side

men aren't programmed this way...they seek out someone they are attracted to...thus men are less likely to cheat

I know WAY more women who cheat than men...WAY WAY more

Old 05-05-2015, 05:36 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
You're projecting your own priorities...men are much more into the looks of their women (though of course they'll settle!) and can't understand why women don't act exactly as they do!

Old 05-05-2015, 05:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
In four years of college I went to zero parties. In high school I went to one party. I married a guy from high school.

Quit hanging around all those parties, I guess?

Old 05-05-2015, 05:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
You'll likely find that the grown up world operates much differently than what you've experienced in high school in college, on most accounts. Life experience and maturity teach lasses and lads that superficial attraction generally isn't enough, and they need to look at the qualities that go deeper than looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?

Old 05-05-2015, 05:56 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,361,544 times
I know I wouldn't want to be with a man that was grossly overweight, too skinny, looks like a junkie (most junkies don't care about their appearance). So yeah, looks do matter. It's natural instinct for most women to gravitate towards men that take care of themselves outwardly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships