Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:44 PM

206 posts, read 304,334 times

Advertisements

ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 11:50 PM

6,403 posts, read 6,293,116 times
SOME women are like that. Most are not. Those who are more likely to be so are usually in high school and college which are prime years of superficiality.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,108,444 times
Women are just as into looks if not more then men are.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:03 AM

206 posts, read 304,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women are just as into looks if not more then men are.
on my other post, women seem to say they are not into look like that:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/psych...arused-14.html

Old 05-05-2015, 12:18 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Good grief. Here's the thing - for many women, it takes more than just looks to keep our interest. That doesn't mean that we somehow find good looking guys unattractive. It means that we need the combination of looks and personality. EVERYONE should need that. If you only go for people because of their looks - chances are you aren't going to be very happy in the long run. And just because someone will sleep with someone - it doesn't mean that they will have a relationship with them.

What does any of this matter? Every woman is different. Some women know right away if they will sleep with someone. For others, sexual attraction grows over time. Some women need to have someone hot. Some women need to have someone that makes them laugh - and will grow to find an average guy hot if he has the right personality. Some women are really bad at choosing partners and some women pick great guys.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:28 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,132,184 times
Go ask them.

Pretty guy types?! High school?! Lol.

Even though it's not the answer you want, ... For me, I need to be attracted to both his looks and his personality/ brain.. And it's always been that way for me. If he can't hold a conversation .....- then the rest doesn't matter.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:29 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,160,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
on my other post, women seem to say they are not into look like that:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/psych...arused-14.html
That's not what you asked. You asked if women are not easily "arused" by the sight of a naked man. What you're asking now is whether or not women are into looks. Two different things. Arousal is a very specific, easily defined, no-room-for-error physical reaction.

Haven't you ever found yourself intrigued by a woman's look, and yet not have an immediate boner? See the difference? (Sorry for the language, folks. OP sounds about 19 so I'm trying to talk in his language).

Old 05-05-2015, 12:39 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,447,944 times
High school and college parties are not real life. They might as well be another planet.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:56 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,720,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?
Women bang good looking men for sport, but when they want to settle down, they find someone with a good job and lots of money, they get their fill of good looking losers in their "oat sewing" days but when it comes time to seal the deal, they marry a rich guy, even if he's humble looking.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:37 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,201,487 times
People have different stages of life where their wants and desires change. This is nothing new. All women are not the same. These things happen and you have to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships