Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 03:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,247,016 times

Advertisements

Damn, I forgot to follow the script! I kept my "number" embarrassingly low, then willingly married a smokin' hot broke dude, who aspires to follow his dreams instead of the dollar. Put his ass through college, too.

ETA: No, I didn't marry him because he is hot. I actually wasn't that attracted to him until I got to know him better. And it just happened that we had similar goals and values.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Women bang good looking men for sport, but when they want to settle down, they find someone with a good job and lots of money, they get their fill of good looking losers in their "oat sewing" days but when it comes time to seal the deal, they marry a rich guy, even if he's humble looking.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 05-05-2015 at 03:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 03:33 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,441,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
Ladies, you say your not all about looks with a guy, but it seems kind of a lie
Looks are extremely important to both sexes. Its just that women dont want us men to know just how important it is.

If you were to take two guys, Guy "A" is very attractive with very good body, and Guy "B" is just okay, with an okay body; all other things like income, education, personality, mutual interests, etc. being EXACTLY the same, 99 out of 100 women would choose Guy "A". The one gal who would choose Guy "B" will do so because of her own personal shortcomings (lack of attractiveness, weight, past failed relationships, etc.).

There are a LOT of things people (of both sexes) look for in the opposite sex, being physically attracted to the other person is something most people just want.

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 05-05-2015 at 04:27 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 03:44 PM

609 posts, read 616,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Women bang good looking men for sport, but when they want to settle down, they find someone with a good job and lots of money, they get their fill of good looking losers in their "oat sewing" days but when it comes time to seal the deal, they marry a rich guy, even if he's humble looking.
Is only something someone would say who has zero experience with the opposite sex. Seriously are you kidding me? Do you live in your mom's basement?
I love how if you're very attractive, you cannot also be incredibly intelligent, kind, a high earner, ambitious etc.
As if human beings are two dimensional.
The guy I'm with now is hot as ****, genuinely kind to everyone, incredibly smart, and everyone loves him. He makes less than me for the time being, but who cares??? He has enough to pay for everything he wants in life.

I would never marry for money. Money can come and go. Then what will you be left with? Hopefully someone with an amazing personality who you're madly in love with.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,022,216 times
Yes they are. It's just more polite to say otherwise.

And as if I couldn't get any more ugly, I'm going to probably have a giant scar on my forehead. Like I needed that.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:07 PM

609 posts, read 616,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yes they are. It's just more polite to say otherwise.

And as if I couldn't get any more ugly, I'm going to probably have a giant scar on my forehead. Like I needed that.
Well there are levels to that.

I mean obviously Aishwarya Rai (voted most beautiful woman in the world some time ago) is not going to be interested in Danny Devito. And then if he claimed "women only care about looks" would people take that seriously?
Everyone cares about looks. Unless they are blind...
And how would you be able to get it up for a woman whom you find disgusting?

EVERYONE CARES ABOUT LOOKS

Old 05-05-2015, 05:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Looks are extremely important to both sexes. Its just that women dont want us men to know just how important it is.

If you were to take two guys, Guy "A" is very attractive with very good body, and Guy "B" is just okay, with an okay body; all other things like income, education, personality, mutual interests, etc. being EXACTLY the same, 99 out of 100 women would choose Guy "A". The one gal who would choose Guy "B" will do so because of her own personal shortcomings (lack of attractiveness, weight, past failed relationships, etc.).

There are a LOT of things people (of both sexes) look for in the opposite sex, being physically attracted to the other person is something most people just want.
So, you are saying that looks are extremely important to women because they would choose the better looking guy over the average looking guy when every other single thing about them was the same? People not caring as much about looks doesn't mean that they prefer ugly people. It doesn't mean that they don't think attractive people are attractive. It means that someone's personality can influence their attraction for someone. So if Guy A was hot but boring and Guy B was average but intelligent and funny - Guy B might win out and actually seem better looking at the end of the day than Guy A because of his personality.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:08 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,221,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Yes, I do. I do want men to know how important it is. If I'm going to shave my legs, exfoliate, style my hair, wear make-up, and walk in heels, men can trim their nose hairs and wear something a little more formal than t-shirts, ball caps, and flip-flops that expose nasty toenails. If more men cared about how they looked, there wouldn't be half as many bitter lads on this forum. I'm convinced of it.

And by caring, I don't mean deliberately trying to look like a moron or a filthy dirtbag and calling it ironic.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:18 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,973,721 times
Yes OP, you are absolutely right. Women are hypocrites, we lie, we want all you money... whatever, insert it here > * <.

We're horrible, stay away from us.

If you want to date, ask a guy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-05-2015, 06:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So all guys currently in relationships are above-average looking?
I know right, everyone in a relationship is real hot.

Wait I'm dating......nope not real hot.My guy is hot to me, but maybe not to others.

Op your theory is debunked.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:56 PM

709 posts, read 767,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
... I don't mean deliberately trying to look like a moron or a filthy dirtbag ...
Dang. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships