Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:15 AM

264 posts, read 390,660 times

Advertisements

So, I'm abroad for a couple weeks (April 25-May 14). I'm currently in Tel Aviv, Israel. Anyways, I'm here for business AND pleasure. I'm actually getting a medical treatment here, that is a few days long. Long story short, it's not offered in the US and got an opportunity to come here to this very beautiful place. I am with some family and friends, and get some time to do vacation type stuff as well as the treatment. Anyways, at the clinic where I'm getting the treatment, there is a secretary that I have met that works at the front desk, she is very sweet, PRETTY and nice (Israeli girl) and is about my age. She obviously knows my story and what I've been through and why I am getting treatment there. The first thing I did was pick up her pen that she dropped and she noted that "I was such a nice gentleman." We talked a bit after that and she seemed to be very interested in talking to me. She said at first that I look "healthy" and she was surprised I was getting treatment at the clinic, and that she was looking for a word in her language to describe me. (She came up with "fresh"). I have heard she is single from others so I know that she is not married or have a boyfriend. So basically from the start, at the times at the clinic she's been very flirtatious (making many compliments my way, saying she likes my beard, that I look good etc.), smiling at me and my jokes, inviting me over to her desk to laugh at jokes together on her computer, etc. It's a good connection. I also complimented her and said she was very pretty. She also will offer to bring me a coffee or water and ask if I'm feeling ok. She's super sweet and very pretty. As I see her every day since I'm there for treatment several days in a row, I try not to overdo it, and give her a little bit attention at most every day. She is at work but she can get away with a little "playful" flirting, however. She also added me on Facebook (I did not ask, she asked me). She liked a few of my pictures immediately. So she's definitely interested, and other people have noticed. Anyways, yesterday when I first saw her, I kissed her hand, and she replied "wow, you are so sweet." She seemed to appreciate it very much. The next day, today, I did it again when I saw her this morning, and she gave me a big hug, and called me "sweetie" and asked how I was feeling. After my treatment, I was leaving, and I went to say bye, and she said "bye sweetie" and I went to kiss her hand again, and she goes "hey, don't kiss my hand". I say "oh, I'm sorry, I don't want to get you in trouble." She said "no no, it's ok." Then I simply said "well I'll see you guys tomorrow" and I left.
However, that "don't kiss my hand" really is sitting bad with me. I was hoping to maybe ask to hang with her once my treatment is over (tomorrow), since I have a few days left here. I've been kind of building it up with her since I've been here, and I hope I haven't ruined it. I'm not sure why she said not to kiss her hand after she definitely appreciated it the first couple of times I did it, do you think I overdid it? Was she just trying to politely tell me that I don't have to kiss her hand every time? I was thinking that maybe she was thinking "ok, I thought it was very cute a couple of times, but you're overdoing it now" type of vibe. I will see her tomorrow and I don't wanna be awkward. It may be no big deal, and remember, I'm not from here, and will be leaving in 8 days, but still I made a good connection and I don't wanna ruin it. I may visit here again, and she may visit me. I also wanted to hang with her a bit before I left so, it's not like it wasn't anything. What are y'all thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 11:25 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,167,598 times
I guess Tel Aviv has different standards of professionalism than we do here in the US. I got nothing else. Good luck with your treatment!

Old 05-06-2015, 12:03 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,163,843 times
Too complicated, probably just her personality and form of "customer service," not worth it.

Also, don't kiss her hand tomorrow.

Good luck with your treatment.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Too complicated, probably just her personality and form of "customer service," not worth it.

Also, don't kiss her hand tomorrow.

Good luck with your treatment.
Thank you Haha, I couldn't believe this either, this would NOT fly in the US at all! Even at a lax place. Got the don't kiss hand part

Old 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,409,429 times
I have to agree with the above. I don't know what kind of treatment you are receiving, but most people in positions such as this girls tend to be friendly. You are already making a "love connection," and I suspect you are reading way too much into it.

Leave it be.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:35 PM

Hmmm...it's interesting to note she doesn't seem to act this way with other patients, and that there is a guy from Canada who has been to this clinic many times (he is a patient advocate to speak) who helped bring me over here in the first place, and he noted how she is being with me, and asked when I was going to ask her out. I guess it's important to note that she's being this way with just me? I guess that's one thing to mention of importance

Old 05-06-2015, 12:41 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Telling a patient who arrives for treatment for what I assume is a serious illness that they "look healthy" isn't appreciated by most such patients. They hear that a lot. Many chronic illnesses aren't discernable by mere observation. It makes her sound like she's inexperienced at that job.

Hand-kissing more than once is overdoing it. Be more casual with her next time.
You're only there for 2 weeks. What do you think she's expecting, to have an affair with a patient from halfway around the world? Were you thinking you'd go back every year, just to see her? Have you thought this through? She sees guys her age, including sweet, good-looking guys her age, probably every week. I'm not sure what you're expecting out of this.

edit: OK, I guess, according to the Canadian staff member, she's into you? So, now what?

Old 05-06-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Telling a patient who arrives for treatment for what I assume is a serious illness that they "look healthy" isn't appreciated by most such patients. They hear that a lot. Many chronic illnesses aren't discernable by mere observation. It makes her sound like she's inexperienced at that job.

Hand-kissing more than once is overdoing it. Be more casual with her next time.
You're only there for 2 weeks. What do you think she's expecting, to have an affair with a patient from halfway around the world? Were you thinking you'd go back every year, just to see her? Have you thought this through? She sees guys her age, including sweet, good-looking guys her age, probably every week. I'm not sure what you're expecting out of this.

edit: OK, I guess, according to the Canadian staff member, she's into you? So, now what?

I'm realizing the hand kissing thing was a bit too much after the 3rd time. No doubt in that. I guess I'm asking myself the same question you are. Do we hook up or something, then I leave and go back to being 5500 miles away? Is she just flirting for sport? Tomorrow is the last day I'll be at the clinic, then I leave next Wednesday (May 14). Do I at least ask her to hang out with a few of us for dinner or something and go from there? Even if we hook up or something, I'll have to leave. It's a tough situation. Oh well. What would you do? LOL

Old 05-06-2015, 01:02 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,249,940 times
OK, forget the hand-kissing. Message received.

Stop over analyzing.

When your treatment is over, ask her out.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:09 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,318,672 times
I would see it as a pleasant distraction/bonus while committed to a treatment in a foreign country and nothing more. Let her take the first move (I understand Israeli women can be more assertive). Either way, you are out of your league in culture awareness and business propriety. If she has the brass to openly flirt with you, let her take it from here. You have shown your interest, and she has shown hers, which has not extended beyond the office. I am sure she has your contact information and information on your discontinuing treatment.

There are a load of emotions that go along with travel, with treatment, and being in new, good company. If there is more there, let her show you. For now, be pleasant, meet her overtures, but let her make the more definitive move in your direction. Don't get the Canadian involved either; he is a business liaison, and not a matchmaker. It doesn't matter what he sees. It is about what you should do. Corral it in, buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships