Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 05:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina11 View Post
I met my husband when I was 37, married at 38, conceived naturally and had our first kid at 39, conceived naturally again and had our second kid at 41. Easy pregnancies. He wants to keep going but I am done, by choice.
This is similar to us.

-Met my husband at 35.
-Married on my 37th birthday.
-Had our son at 38 (natural conception, took 2 months).
-Conceived our second child four months before my 4th birthday, due in 3 months (natural conception, took three months; pretty quick for a breastfeeding mom of a not quite one-year old).

When this thread started, I was 38 and pregnant with my first. Now I'm forty and about to enter my third trimester with my second. Pregnancy has been easy and healthy and low risk enough that I'm wrapping up a two-week vacation overseas, currently, at the end of the second trimester.

We planned for/hoped to have two, and shot for a roughly two-year age difference, so that's worked out according to plan. My son will be 21 months old when he gets a sibling. We'd have rolled with multiples (two of my siblings have twins), but two is our ideal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 874 times
Default 38 and want children

I'm 38 year old. I just broke up with my boyfriend of eight years because I wanted to get married and have children. He said he wasn't ready....after eight years really. I really want a baby. I want to have through child birth. It's a desire of mines that hasn't really left and I know for a fac my ex thought that desire would die but it hasn't it's gotten stronger the older I become.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:45 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Why was this old thread resurrected??

Old 12-23-2017, 11:00 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burriti12 View Post
I'm 38 year old. I just broke up with my boyfriend of eight years because I wanted to get married and have children. He said he wasn't ready....after eight years really. I really want a baby. I want to have through child birth. It's a desire of mines that hasn't really left and I know for a fac my ex thought that desire would die but it hasn't it's gotten stronger the older I become.

You dated a guy for eight years and it took you THAT LONG to figure out that he wasn't ready for marriage or children. Wow...

I find it so odd that women will often date these guy for long times, never discussing such issues, and then blame the guy for such issues. If you never inquired or weren't emotionally mature, then I don't see how it's the guys fault.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:12 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Why was this old thread resurrected??
And why do people ask that so often when it's been explained as many times as asked?

Old 12-24-2017, 10:45 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
As a woman approaches and passes 38 she faces significantly elevated risks for several birth defects especially if it’s her first. Genetic and chromosomal defects become much much much more prevalent.

Northing against parents who raise their children with these issues but it’s highly advisable to avoid starting a new relationship and introducing these issues with children right away.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:31 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
As a woman approaches and passes 38 she faces significantly elevated risks for several birth defects especially if it’s her first. Genetic and chromosomal defects become much much much more prevalent.

Northing against parents who raise their children with these issues but it’s highly advisable to avoid starting a new relationship and introducing these issues with children right away.
I don't agree. I think it's fine to marry someone past a certain age if you are really in love. If concerned about the possibility of children being born with chromosomal abnormalities, then use donor eggs or adopt. However, I know lots of women past 40 having perfectly normal children.

I also know a couple of women who had children in their 20s, born with Down Syndrome. There are no guarantees, no matter what.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:18 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,541 times
My mom had me at 39, no help needed. I was healthy enough to endure 7 years of Active Army service.

My exwife had my son at 35, completely healthy and natural but, the first 2 tries she miscarried.

Mileage may vary but, in much the same way some cars ...can... last 300,000 miles, they usually don't. So for women wanting their own natural babies, they really wanna do so before their 40th birthday.

Also, as a dad, I love my son. I maintain that the most important reason to create another existence is so that they feel loved and provided for.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 467 times
I am 54 years old and two beautiful girls 3 and 4 year old, seeking a child less woman .

Old 11-27-2018, 10:04 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,037,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneva View Post
I am 54 years old and two beautiful girls 3 and 4 year old, seeking a child less woman .
Good luck with that. Most women your age see men in their mid-50s, with kids THAT young, are deal breakers...as the mid-50s empty nesters have kids grown and have their own kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships