Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 12:58 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosBall View Post
Hypothetical health child born to first time parents at age 42. The mother and father will near 60 while attending their child's high school plays, sports, bake sales etc. Most of the other parents will be in mid 40s; lots of parents will be in mid 30s. Then by the time the child finishes college and has children of own, the new grandparents would be pushing 70. Never too late, but late nonetheless.

For this reason, I'd think a late 30's to 40ish year old childless couple would want to adopt children already 5-8 years old (not babies).
Who cares? Worry about yourself. Let those old ladies have them babies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 05:15 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Who cares? Worry about yourself. Let those old ladies have them babies!
This isn't really something that should be advocated. Exceptions don't make the rule. Mother nature is pretty clear on this.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:29 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This isn't really something that should be advocated. Exceptions don't make the rule. Mother nature is pretty clear on this.
So your stance is they shouldn't be allowed to try?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-27-2018, 05:37 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Well, if mother nature says "nope", then it really won't matter if others advocate it or not, right?

Old 11-27-2018, 05:39 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well, if mother nature says "nope", then it really won't matter if others advocate it or not, right?
Right?!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-28-2018, 06:40 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Unfortunately it won't say "Nope" completely. But will deliver an expensive child with developmental disabilities which the average person is completely ill equipped to handle.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:59 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,070,314 times
The OP may be asking about this in order to determine if the woman is someone he wants to date. In other words, this post MAY be more about whether a man wishes to start a family at an older age than about the woman conceiving naturally at an older age. A man who is in low 40's or even older may not wish to start a family at an older age. For example, if the woman is 39 and he's 45 when he meets her, it'll be a few years of dating before they get married, she would have the baby in low 40's and he'll be in his 50's by the time they have the baby. A man might not care to have babies and young children in his 50's. I know a couple that this happened to. They got married later in life. The husband expected to live the DINKS lifestyle, travel and enjoy romantic dinners and whatnot but...guess what? That isn't happening. Kids are a major financial decision. Be very careful having children just for the sake of having children. At an older age you need to think about the long term ramifications of raising children at an older age. Supporting them when you may be getting phased out of your current job. Taking on more debt when you need to think about retirement. Running around to baseball games on weekends when you'd rather be driving up to the quaint B&B along the river and hiking. Think carefully.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:01 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
The vast majority of my friends who have had children had them after 35. Two women friends of mine are pregnant now in their 40s. No big deal at all. It's great that people wait til they're mature and financially secure, and even better, found the right partner (if they decide they don't want to do it alone). Excellent.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:05 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
The OP may be asking about this in order to determine if the woman is someone he wants to date. In other words, this post MAY be more about whether a man wishes to start a family at an older age than about the woman conceiving naturally at an older age. A man who is in low 40's or even older may not wish to start a family at an older age. For example, if the woman is 39 and he's 45 when he meets her, it'll be a few years of dating before they get married, she would have the baby in low 40's and he'll be in his 50's by the time they have the baby. A man might not care to have babies and young children in his 50's. I know a couple that this happened to. They got married later in life. The husband expected to live the DINKS lifestyle, travel and enjoy romantic dinners and whatnot but...guess what? That isn't happening. Kids are a major financial decision. Be very careful having children just for the sake of having children. At an older age you need to think about the long term ramifications of raising children at an older age. Supporting them when you may be getting phased out of your current job. Taking on more debt when you need to think about retirement. Running around to baseball games on weekends when you'd rather be driving up to the quaint B&B along the river and hiking. Think carefully.
Exactly...when I turned 40, I changed my status of "want kids" to "undecided" to "no". I still kept even seeing early 40s women that want kids. When I contact them, I make sure if they have indeed confirmed this. That may be they chose it in error.

If anything I figured the idea of being an elderly parent would be off-putting to most.

Then there's the other side of the coin where I"ve met women in their 50s that are empty nesters that meet men THEIR age that have YOUNG children. This is a complete deal breaker for the older ladies.

WHat happens is, these older men get married to women in their 30s or younger, these women have kids with him, and a short-lived marriage where they file for divorce.

Then he's stuck paying child support in his golden years. This can bring down an empty nester.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:56 AM

804 posts, read 545,277 times
More like 25-and up.

Here is the deal with women and birth.

1. You need to have at least one kid between 15 and 25. After that is gets easier to make them. That is what my doctor for my big sister said. Because of her age and the fact that she is healthy her body did not adapt to birth-giving.

sweet 16
spinster 25

You get it???

2. People are weaving a web around their careers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships