Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 09:40 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessand View Post
I did not ask for child support. I made it easy for him because I wanted out so bad, but now I'm realizing that he got the better hand out of this. Surprisingly, he just emailed me and said I can drop off our son if I ever wanted to get out on the weekend, but I feel guilty if I do end up dropping our son off to go out on a date, when it's my parenting time.
So, you got what you wished for, but you're still not happy? You feel guilty about leaving your son for a few hours out of the entire week that you see him? Why? Sounds like you have issues, and tend to get in your own way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 10:42 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Its called the CD "you go girl" posse. If this was a man asking his ex wife to change her work schedule so he can have more time dating or socializing with his buddies he would get mangled.
Reading comprehension fail. The overwhelming majority of responses have stated some version of it's up to you to work it out for yourself.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessand View Post
Am I the one being selfish for wanting a weekend off so I can be free to date and do other things? I feel that he has it easier because on his days off, our son goes to school, so it's easier for him to have time off for himself. Our son is in preschool.
OP: You seriously want your ex-husband to change his work schedule so that he can babysit y'all's son while you date other men? How do you think he feels about that?

First, your priority is your son. Once he is grown, no longer dependent on you as a caretaker and provider, and out of the house, then you can making dating a priority.

Second, when you divorced your ex-husband, you relinquished the right to have any expectations of him other than what's written in the court documents.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:11 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Maybe he would be willing to split the cost.
Yeah, I'm sure he'd be happy to pay money to facilitate his ex wife "dating" other men.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:29 AM

191 posts, read 212,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Yeah, I'm sure he'd be happy to pay money to facilitate his ex wife "dating" other men.
Exactly. She didn't even ask for child support in the divorce so she must not need money that badly to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships