Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,189 times

Advertisements

He probably thought he would get you a little tipsy and then you would fall into bed with him after he said all of those "kind words". LMAO. Now he is acting cold because it didn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 12:09 PM

227 posts, read 195,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
He probably thought he would get you a little tipsy and then you would fall into bed with him after he said all of those "kind words". LMAO. Now he is acting cold because it didn't happen.
^^^^ This.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:26 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLili84 View Post
Me and my male coworker both started out at the same company in January. We were newbies together. Our cubicles are beside each other and we instantly clicked from Day 1. He’s extremely genuine, laid back and very cool. We’ve hung out multiple times over the past few months. We’ll go out for lunch, happy hour and just flat out joke around in between projects at work. One day, me and several coworkers (including him) went to hang out after work. He told us that he’s dating someone but isn’t 100% committed to her. Then he stated how he’s not the commitment type at all and loves to date all types of people.

Let me start off by saying, I’m slightly attracted to him, but not completely. In fact, I’m not sure how I feel about him. I do have a soft spot for him because we’ve spent so much time together, but at the same time, I really don’t think its a great idea to date a coworker.

Back to the story.

Several days after the coworker outing, him and I went out for happy hour. While there, he confessed for the first time how beautiful he thought I was and that there’s no other girl quite like me. He then stated that he isn’t a commitment-phobe, but if he finds the right person, he would absolutely commit and stay monogamous. I didn’t have much to say after that, I just thanked him for the compliments and kept the conversation going.

Everything was fine after that. My birthday was 2 weeks ago and he took me out for birthday drinks after work. However, just last week, he started acting different. He came into work and joked around with me for a bit, but then he kind of avoided me for the rest of the day. I thought maybe he was just swamped with work, but he continued the same behavior for the rest of the week. I said hi to him a few times and he spoke back to me, but he would keep it short. Its very odd, and I’m getting a bad taste in my mouth because of it. He’s totally social with other people at work but when it comes to me, he doesn’t speak much or even start up conversations like he used to. He’s not being an a**hole, but his behavior just isn’t the same. Its like he’s put a wall up.. and I have to work a bit harder than other people in order to have a damn conversation with him. Its frustrating and even angers me a little. I just want my friend back and I feel like he’s slowly slipping away.

Anybody have an idea as to why he might be acting like this?
he gave you all the hints

you showed little or no interest in proceeding further than happy hour buds

he moved on

and im not even a rocket scientist

Old 06-23-2015, 01:30 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
you have a lot of posts about not understanding why men don't like you or "change"...a lot of coworker drama...perhaps the same guy, I am too lazy to work the dates out in all of your posts

You have demonstrated here in word that you understand who feels what for who and their is a connection together that drives you to spend time with one another.

You know exactly what the deal is and why it bothers your so much, don't play coy or niave to the game you are playing.

You're not getting what you want from him. You're getting actual plutonic relations now that he is spending time with others and you're not his priority, it upsets you because that's not what you desire from this situation. You want what you had before "the change"

That's not friendship hunny, so don't pretend it's all about that.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-23-2015 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-23-2015, 01:33 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLili84 View Post

Anybody have an idea as to why he might be acting like this?
Maybe he was bringing up your name at home and the girlfriend told him to cool it off with you.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
you have a lot of posts about not understanding why men don't like you or "change"...a lot of coworker drama...perhaps the same guy, I am too lazy to work the dates out in all of your posts

You have demonstrated here in word that you understand who feels what for who and their is a connection together that drives you to spend time with one another.

You know exactly what the deal is and why it bothers your so much, don't play coy or niave to the game you are playing.

You're not getting what you want from him. You're getting actual plutonic relations now that he is spending time with others and you're not his priority, it upsets you because that's not what you desire from this situation. You want what you had before "the change"

Wth? Could you translate this?

Old 06-23-2015, 08:38 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:

*stands up, cigar jutting from corner of mouth, and begins slow clap which rises into a crescendo of applause as others rise and join him*

Old 06-23-2015, 08:44 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Quote:

rego00123:

Regarding the bolded words in pink...

What does niave mean?

What does plutonic mean?

What does hunny mean?

As another poster mentioned, please translate what you posted.

is my reply to your post

Old 06-23-2015, 09:11 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
*stands up, cigar jutting from corner of mouth, and begins slow clap which rises into a crescendo of applause as others rise and join him*
Well, at least YOU understand rego-speak, cuz I sure as heck don't.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
rego00123:

Regarding the bolded words in pink...

What does niave mean?

What does plutonic mean?

What does hunny mean?

As another poster mentioned, please translate what you posted.

is my reply to your post
Oh please, if you cannot figure out Naive, Platonic and Honey on your own I seriously doubt you will ever understand rego's post as it is even if someone tried to explain it to you but I'll give it a shot.

The original poster is playing a game and she knows she is playing a game but she is trying to make others believe she is not playing said game.
If you read other posts you will see the pattern and there is no need for a glowing red rocket science degree to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships