Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 11:25 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

I can't sing either but I do it anyway just because I like to and I like the song and it makes me happy.
I do sing more when I am by myself than when Mr. CSD is in the vehicle with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 01:03 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
oh come on, here in my country its normal for guys (all guys all ages) to play soccer with friends once or twice a week. So typical. El "picadito semanal" its called, they do tournaments and all that. Yeah, all guys, even guys 60 pounds overweight or old guys. NONE of them is the next Messi, believe me, not even close. But its a way to have fun and reunite with friends, so they should keep doing it even if they suck.

singing is nice, i do it all the time too and, believe me, im no aretha frnaklin. It is fun, let the poor girl do it. And if she thinks she is doing it good, it might be more fun too. Sometimes i sing like if im freaking aretha franklin in a concert and my boyfriend, instead of censoring me, thinks its cute and funny. Its just fun.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
If karaokes were normal here (as i understand they are in the US, they are rare here) i would go there once a week and sing songs like if i were Freddie Mercury.

its good there arent many karaokes here, cause my boyfriend would be very embarrassed all the time, lol

Old 06-29-2015, 01:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Like, just singing around the house? Singing in public? Taking gigs?

What would possibly be gained by sharing your opinion?
LOL....One of my favorite movie scenes is in My Best Friends Wedding....Where Cameron Diaz has that adorable karaoke scene.

Love her for having the guts to sing out loud even if she is awful.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:38 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,610 times
I was told at a young age that I have no talent for singing, by my mother. "You're tone deaf, just like your father!"

DH mocks my singing all the time. He's not a bad singer himself. I don't care. I still sing (un)sweet songs that I make up to my lovebird - he doesn't mind my voice.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:25 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Barnett View Post
I've been dating this woman and really like her, the thing is she thinks she can sing and does it a lot. She's off key and gets on some people's nerves. I haven't told her because I don't want to hurt her feelings. I usually like to be honest but I don't think I can tell her. She said she wasn't interested in doing it as a career anyway. Is it okay not to tell her?
If she wants to make a career of it, then if she makes it, you will responsible for unleashing another horrible no talent on the world, like an Iggy Azalea (aka the white girl from Australia who thinks she is a black girl from South Atlanta), if you ain't honest with her singing.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:08 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
She's not hurting a thing, and obviously enjoys it. Why would you spoil her fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCzFeWawYwk

Twinkle twinkle little lamb!!!.....

Old 06-30-2015, 10:49 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
She's not hurting a thing, and obviously enjoys it. Why would you spoil her fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCzFeWawYwk

Twinkle twinkle little lamb!!!.....
If my dates look like that sing your heart out Sofia.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:40 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,660,299 times
If she thinks she can sing and sings in front of others, I would tell her.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:33 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
If she thinks she can sing and sings in front of others, I would tell her.
There was the funny episode of The Profit where this NM Inn was going out of business because the owner was an egomaniac that thought everyone should hear her..........she was gawd awful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships