Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:07 AM

8 posts, read 6,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Is the hypothetical husband you made up for this scenario right or wrong for marrying the hypothetical wife you also made up? Gee, I don't know. It's so tough to decide.

Everybody knows what a mama's boy is except the mama's boys. The female equivalent is a daddy's girl.
Well if a wife is not understanding of the situation she really isn't worthy of the man she is married to and she would have problems finding another man to date or marry if the husband divorced her for being an unselfish person . She becomes a high risk to date based on her attitude and previous relationship. No guy would give her a chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 08:11 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Why would a man marry a woman whose attitudes toward elder care are so different than his in the first place?

Old 07-29-2015, 08:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsunio View Post
Well if a wife is not understanding of the situation she really isn't worthy of the man she is married to and she would have problems finding another man to date or marry if the husband divorced her for being an unselfish person . She becomes a high risk to date based on her attitude and previous relationship. No guy would give her a chance
Yes, the woman you made up for this story sure is a rotten person!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Why would a man marry a woman whose attitudes toward elder care are so different than his in the first place?
Exactly. If the root cause is identified then the whole mess can be avoided

Old 07-29-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes, the woman you made up for this story sure is a rotten person!
Amen to that!!!

Old 07-29-2015, 11:02 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Spend a day every other Saturday and if an emergency for a day. That is still ok
This isn't much. Why does she complain about not being able to go on vacation and what is your parents handicap?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-29-2015, 11:03 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
If you're just gearing yourself up for divorce, just do it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-29-2015, 11:48 AM

102,219 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Well if the wife if not showing respect for handicapped people and loved ones she is definitely worth a divorce
Why did the hypothetical guy marry her in the first place?

And we still don't know how much time eldercare is taking from the marriage. We don't know what else Mr. Hypothetical is doing with his Mrs. in their leisure time, to bond with her and build a solid relationship. We don't know anything about the quality of their relationship and how he treats her. Do they regularly spend quality time together? Are they good communicators? How long were they married before the eldercare began?

OP, you're strangely inarticulate about the situation. But it sounds like you've made up your mind, so why are you asking us?

Old 08-04-2015, 09:07 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,950 times
It probably is real as in these times were dealing with people who are becoming more and more narcissistic. Lifes all about me,my thoughts and feelings, my happiness, my needs and the list goes on. It also could be the wife doesnt trust what her husband is telling her. Non the less they sound more like aquaintances who know nothing about one another or the families involved. Any reason why wife not involved in going to look in on your parents with you? My thoughts are your both young and immature or older than I thought and never grew up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships