Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 09:52 AM

48 posts, read 42,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Guess what? Maybe they don't care that it isn't deemed "normal" regardless of what statistics may say.

I've never understood why people assume a virgin at a certain age has to have some hang-ups. Sure, they may have hang-ups, but doesn't everyone have hang-ups to some extent? Some of these virgins are regular, sane, and normal people.

Also:

Maybe for some people, it hasn't happened for one reason or another (even if they want it). Luck does play a BIG FACTOR in the dating game whether you want to admit it or not. Real life isn't like television or books. In my case, I was interested in a couple of women over the past year, and I let my interest be known. Unfortunately, the interest wasn't reciprocated. What am I gonna do? Like I said, it's a numbers game at the end of the day..

Maybe for some people, they're waiting for marriage to lose their virginity (and since a lot of people marry later nowadays, it can happen).

Maybe for some people, they don't want to have sex or be in a relationship. It's their choice, no?

Just because you don't know people in this situation, doesn't mean they aren't out there. Also, maybe some of the people you may know have possibly not admitted to being a virgin. Some people don't say anything about it. I'm 24 and a virgin, and everyone who knows me has zero clue. They all assume I'm also good with women, lol. Must be the way I dress and carry myself.
You don't have to understand it. I speak from experience. Like I said, never known someone who got into the mid-20s who didn't have some kind of a hang-up.

You mention religion. No offense, but I consider that a hang-up of another kind, and I wouldn't date someone who was religious or wanted to wait until marriage. Wouldn't happen now, anyway, as I am long out of my 20s and never hung around religious types, anyway.

People who don't want to be in a relationship are irrelevant to this thread. They wouldn't be asking to go out.

As for not knowing, trust me, that's not something you can fake when the moment of truth arrives! Your friends may not know, but your first partner will!

Old 09-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
No no "YOUR" reality. Not actual reality.
Reality is that most people find it weird for someone to be a virgin after their early 20s. And reality is that sex is pretty wonderful and healthy. You and the other guy Ro should try it. Might make you less angry.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:03 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
71% of people lose their virginity by age 19, with the average age of first intercourse at 17.

American Teens' Sexual and Reproductive Health

Hanging on to the v-card into your mid-20s and beyond is not normal. You may not like the sound of that, and it does sound harsh, but it is what it is. I don't know anyone, even some of the most unattractive people, who were still virgins past 24 unless they had some kind of hang-up about sex, dating, relating to people, or self-esteem--and I know a lot of people. That's not to say they didn't eventually overcome their hang-ups or issues. But they had them. They also had the smarts to adjust their attitudes accordingly and fix their problems, instead of sitting around getting upset or defensive at what strangers may have thought about them.
All you have proven is that there are alot of people who have lost their virginity. It is not much different than saying than alot of teenagers have experimented with drugs. You have not proven that it is strange to be a virgin until marriage. You have only proven that alot of people choose to forego this. You have not proven that maintaining virginity until marriage is a sign of problems. Show me where "virginity at age 30 is a sign of social problems" is a fact. Until you can do that, then all you have is conjecture and opinion, not fact.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Poet View Post
Reality is that most people find it weird for someone to be a virgin after their early 20s. And reality is that sex is pretty wonderful and healthy. You should try it. Might make you less angry.
And the reality is I don't care if most people find it weird. I stick to my morals, no matter what. My what is sad is that many people succumb to societal pressure to do certain things.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:09 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
And she's back. She just won't let it go. This virginity thing means alot to her.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And the reality is I don't care if most people find it weird. I stick to my morals, no matter what. My what is sad is that many people succumb to societal pressure to do certain things.
Gee, your honeymoon will be fun.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:15 AM

I'm beginning to understand why some of you guys are still virgins. You're angry and unpleasant. No woman would let you into her bed!

What a weird forum. They should call it Angry Boy Virgins Anonymous!

I will leave you to your thumb-sucking.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:22 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
I'm beginning to understand why some of you guys are still virgins. You're angry and unpleasant. No woman would let you into her bed!

Resorting to name-calling? Determined to get the last word to make sure those awful virgins stay in their place? You would think someone who gets laid would show a little more maturity than this.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Gee, your honeymoon will be fun.
Sarcastic comments like this are a sign of irrational thinking, and an inability to refute what I have said.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:

If us male virgins are "angry" and "unpleasant", answer this for me. Prove that we are angry and unpleasant.
And with that, I have a counter argument. From you, I have seen posts referring to virginity as weird, referring to virgins as weird. The "thumb sucking" remark, the "Angry Boy Virgins Anonymous" remark, all are insults. Those remarks are angry and unpleasant.

I'll add another point. The comment of "angry and unpleasant" followed by "No woman would let you into her bed",well, I will counter this. Bullies are often angry and unpleasant people. However, bullies get the most sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships