Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 08:41 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
When I was in State College in 05-07 definitely people were having sex.. parties and sex.. and a lot of it. The parents don't get the whole story.

I think it's unnatural after 30 to still be a virgin.
If you knew soneone who was a virgin after 30, how would you treat them? It sounds like you would treat them like ****.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:51 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
I knew a girl who was 33 and never been kissed.

No I did not treat her any different to my friends with 3 kids

Why should I?

Btw it turned out to be nothing to do with her weight - as we'd all assumed. No, when she lost the weight it became glaringly apparent that whispering behind her hand all night about That Person Over There is not only pretty obvious, its also a huge turnoff.

AFAIK she put all the weight back on and remains unmolested entirely, still bitching incessantly about prettier women.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If you knew soneone who was a virgin after 30, how would you treat them? It sounds like you would treat them like ****.
I have a friend whom is 33 and a virgin. She just didn't find the right guy.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:26 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I have a friend whom is 33 and a virgin. She just didn't find the right guy.
Yet so many think that's impossible.

*shrugs*

Old 09-14-2015, 01:38 PM

37 posts, read 45,258 times
It should never be a "deal breaker." If they really like (even love) you and want a relationship with you this will not matter. If this matters to anyone their character should be the deal breaker in this relationship, imo!

Old 09-15-2015, 11:54 AM

81 posts, read 72,287 times
Default Godot never shows up.

There comes a point in your life when you don't want to be a teacher or deal with things that often go along with being someone's first, like sex that isn't very good, insecurities and questions about prior relationships and experiences, and emotional attachment and assumptions that people with more experience tend not to have. For me, that age was sometime in my early-20s.

Is it a dealbreaker? After that point, it probably would have been, although I never ran into a virgin after I got out of college. Now, years later? Yes, dealbreaker. The older you get, the more you wonder why someone your age hasn't had at least one close intimate relationship with someone, and the more strange it becomes. Thirty? Forty? There comes a point when "waiting for the right person" sounds more like "no one met my impossible standards" or a cop out for "no one wanted me."

Old 09-15-2015, 12:30 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Grey View Post
There comes a point in your life when you don't want to be a teacher or deal with things that often go along with being someone's first, like sex that isn't very good, insecurities and questions about prior relationships and experiences, and emotional attachment and assumptions that people with more experience tend not to have. For me, that age was sometime in my early-20s.

Is it a dealbreaker? After that point, it probably would have been, although I never ran into a virgin after I got out of college. Now, years later? Yes, dealbreaker. The older you get, the more you wonder why someone your age hasn't had at least one close intimate relationship with someone, and the more strange it becomes. Thirty? Forty? There comes a point when "waiting for the right person" sounds more like "no one met my impossible standards" or a cop out for "no one wanted me."
For most it isn't impossible standards or cop outs. The reality of the situation is the right person hasn't shown up or they simply aren't interesting to the opposite sex. That's life. But feel free to disbelieve if you so choose.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:22 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:

Meh, I've always really wondered about that being a dealbreaker in real life (not on city-data).

If two people are attracted and REALLY like each other, would one person being a virgin really be a dealbreaker at the end of the day? Besides, no one would be obligated to tell the other person you're a virgin anyhow (I wouldn't).

Old 09-15-2015, 03:34 PM

81 posts, read 72,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Meh, I've always really wondered about that being a dealbreaker in real life (not on city-data).

If two people are attracted and REALLY like each other, would one person being a virgin really be a dealbreaker at the end of the day? Besides, no one would be obligated to tell the other person you're a virgin anyhow (I wouldn't).

For me, yes. There are too many other good people out there to choose from who have already had sex and know what they're doing. I like sex. I enjoy sex. Sex is happening in a relationship with me, or there is no relationship.

Are you saying you would date someone and not tell him/her? That's pretty shabby. What are you going to do when it's time to have sex? Try to play off like you're not? Someone tried that with me. It was ridiculous and transparent.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:25 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
For me, yes. There are too many other good people out there to choose from who have already had sex and know what they're doing. I like sex. I enjoy sex. Sex is happening in a relationship with me, or there is no relationship.

Are you saying you would date someone and not tell him/her? That's pretty shabby. What are you going to do when it's time to have sex? Try to play off like you're not? Someone tried that with me. It was ridiculous and transparent.
Who's to say sex WOULDN'T happen in a relationship with you or anyone else? Just because someone is a virgin doesn't mean they don't/wouldn't want sex. Besides, I've heard of some virgins actually performing much better than expected the first time they had sex. It ultimately depends on the person. I've read up on enough sex advice and tips to think I would do just fine as well.

You very well may have been in a relationship with a virgin in the past (without you knowing), and the first time you had sex with that person was mind-blowing. I've heard of that happening.

Yes, I wouldn't say anything. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying anything (none of my friends even know), nor is it the person's business to know. I'd let them know I'm diseased free (that's something they obviously should know), but that's pretty much it. You don't have to tell the person you're dating EVERYTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships